On NOW 08.40

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by wafflycat, Mar 16, 2006.

  1. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    If you've got digital - you can get coverage of what's on in the velodrome
    now - you don't have to wait until the 'official' scheduled time of 09.40am

    Fascinating to see the warm-ups... the chats between riders & coaches, the
    massages...

    Cheers, helen s

    --

    ~~
    you may need to remove dependence

    Tags:

  2. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, wafflycat
    ('w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com') wrote:

    > If you've got digital - you can get coverage of what's on in the
    > velodrome now - you don't have to wait until the 'official' scheduled
    > time of 09.40am
    >
    > Fascinating to see the warm-ups... the chats between riders & coaches,
    > the massages...

    Thank you, waffly. Also on Internet interactive stream 2. After
    struggling for five minutes with the TV which I don't really understand
    since I never use it, I've now got it running on the laptop beside me.

    ((DoctorWho)ChristopherEccleston).act();
    uk.co.bbc.TypecastException: actor does not want to be typecast.
    [adapted from autofile on /., 31/03/05]

  3. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, wafflycat
    ('w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com') wrote:

    > If you've got digital - you can get coverage of what's on in the
    > velodrome now - you don't have to wait until the 'official' scheduled
    > time of 09.40am
    >
    > Fascinating to see the warm-ups... the chats between riders & coaches,
    > the massages...

    Team Canada riding on Look frames/Mavic wheels. What happened to your
    Cervelo mates?

    ---===***<<< This space to let! >>>***===---
    Yes! You, too, can SPAM in the Famous Brooke Rotating .sig!
    ---===***<<< Only $300 per line >>>***===---

  4. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, wafflycat
    ('w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com') wrote:

    > If you've got digital - you can get coverage of what's on in the
    > velodrome now - you don't have to wait until the 'official' scheduled
    > time of 09.40am
    >
    > Fascinating to see the warm-ups... the chats between riders & coaches,
    > the massages...

    And is that Bianchis the Fijians are riding? I admire their style - out
    of their class and they know it, but still having fun.

    ;; We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other
    ;; languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their
    ;; pockets for new vocabulary -- James D. Nicoll

  5. David K

    David K Guest

    >> If you've got digital - you can get coverage of what's on in the
    >> velodrome now - you don't have to wait until the 'official' scheduled
    >> time of 09.40am
    >>
    >> Fascinating to see the warm-ups... the chats between riders &
    >> coaches, the massages...

    > Thank you, waffly. Also on Internet interactive stream 2. After
    > struggling for five minutes with the TV which I don't really
    > understand since I never use it, I've now got it running on the
    > laptop beside me.

    Apart from an internet connection what is required for this? How do you
    access it?

    Could do with something like this here at work! Self empoyed so I'm the
    boss!!

    David

    --
    [email protected]ers.com

  6. David K

    David K Guest

    >> Thank you, waffly. Also on Internet interactive stream 2. After
    >> struggling for five minutes with the TV which I don't really
    >> understand since I never use it, I've now got it running on the
    >> laptop beside me.

    > Apart from an internet connection what is required for this? How do
    > you access it?

    It's okay - found it!

    David

  7. > <looks up>

    > What? What's going on? What do I need to do what, to watch what?
    >
    > <googles>
    > <scratches head>

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport

    Click on the live track cycling video link thingy

  8. elyob

    elyob Guest

    "David K" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >>> Thank you, waffly. Also on Internet interactive stream 2. After
    >>> struggling for five minutes with the TV which I don't really
    >>> understand since I never use it, I've now got it running on the
    >>> laptop beside me.

    >> Apart from an internet connection what is required for this? How do
    >> you access it?

    > It's okay - found it!

    <looks up>

    What? What's going on? What do I need to do what, to watch what?

    <googles>
    <scratches head>

  9. elyob

    elyob Guest

    "Mark Thompson"
    <[email protected]*_turn_up_the_heat_to_reply*.com> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]
    >> <looks up>
    >>
    >> What? What's going on? What do I need to do what, to watch what?
    >>
    >> <googles>
    >> <scratches head>

    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport
    >
    > Click on the live track cycling video link thingy

    Wow, thanks, great timing .. just caught the Hayles vs Manning race.

    Thanks

  10. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, David
    K ('[email protected]') wrote:

    >>> If you've got digital - you can get coverage of what's on in the
    >>> velodrome now - you don't have to wait until the 'official' scheduled
    >>> time of 09.40am
    >>>
    >>> Fascinating to see the warm-ups... the chats between riders &
    >>> coaches, the massages...

    >> Thank you, waffly. Also on Internet interactive stream 2. After
    >> struggling for five minutes with the TV which I don't really
    >> understand since I never use it, I've now got it running on the
    >> laptop beside me.

    > Apart from an internet connection what is required for this? How do you
    > access it?

    Too late for today, of course. Go to BBC website, front page. Select
    'Commonwealth Games'. From that page, Select '>VIDEO Live: track
    cycling'

    Congratulations, you English, that's a fine haul of medals.

    Morning had broken, and we had run out of gas for the welding torch.

  11. ***spoiler***

    > Wow, thanks, great timing .. just caught the Hayles vs Manning race.

    Yeah - it's got better now the commentator has stopped saying things like:
    "I tip him to win!" (Queally, silver) or "He's guaranteed a silver!" (Hoy,
    Bronze). B'ah.

  12. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    Simon Brooke wrote:
    > in message <[email protected]>, David

    > >> Thank you, waffly. Also on Internet interactive stream 2. After
    > >> struggling for five minutes with the TV which I don't really
    > >> understand since I never use it, I've now got it running on the
    > >> laptop beside me.

    > > Apart from an internet connection what is required for this? How do you
    > > access it?

    > Too late for today, of course. Go to BBC website, front page. Select
    > 'Commonwealth Games'. From that page, Select '>VIDEO Live: track
    > cycling'
    >
    > Congratulations, you English, that's a fine haul of medals.

    But the Scots have been doing very well in the pool. 2 swimming golds
    so far, which is more than Australia..

    ...d

    > --
    > [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
    >
    > Morning had broken, and we had run out of gas for the welding torch.

  13. John B

    John B Guest

    David Martin wrote:

    > Simon Brooke wrote:
    >
    > > Congratulations, you English, that's a fine haul of medals.

    > But the Scots have been doing very well in the pool. 2 swimming golds
    > so far, which is more than Australia..

    But don't the bikes get rusty?

    John B

  14. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    > Congratulations, you English, that's a fine haul of medals.

    The home nations are doing well so far.

    I'm just as chuffed about medals won by the Scots, Welsh & Northern Irish as
    well as the English :) Won't say who has what due to 'spoiler' effect, but
    results can be viewed at

    www.cyclingnews.com

    Cheers, helen s

  15. Jon_H

    Jon_H Guest

    > in message <[email protected]>, wafflycat
    > ('w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com') wrote:
    >
    > > If you've got digital - you can get coverage of what's on in the
    > > velodrome now - you don't have to wait until the 'official' scheduled
    > > time of 09.40am
    > >
    > > Fascinating to see the warm-ups... the chats between riders & coaches,
    > > the massages...

    > And is that Bianchis the Fijians are riding? I admire their style - out
    > of their class and they know it, but still having fun.
    >
    > --
    > [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
    > ;; We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other
    > ;; languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their
    > ;; pockets for new vocabulary -- James D. Nicoll

    cycling on again at 13:00 on BBC interactive3

    cheers
    Jon_H

  16. Richard

    Richard Guest

    John B wrote:

    >>But the Scots have been doing very well in the pool. 2 swimming golds
    >>so far, which is more than Australia..

    > But don't the bikes get rusty?

    Not if properly oiled.

    However, you do have to deflate the tires to stop them imploding at the
    bottom...

    I'll get me coat.

    R.

  17. Simon Brooke

    Martin ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > Simon Brooke wrote:
    >> Congratulations, you English, that's a fine haul of medals.

    > But the Scots have been doing very well in the pool. 2 swimming golds
    > so far, which is more than Australia..

    We did reasonably in the velodrome; I'm not disappointed. But credit
    where it's due.

  18. cupra

    cupra Guest

    Simon Brooke wrote:
    > in message <[email protected]>,
    > David Martin ('[email protected]') wrote:
    >
    >> Simon Brooke wrote:
    >>> Congratulations, you English, that's a fine haul of medals.

    >> But the Scots have been doing very well in the pool. 2 swimming golds
    >> so far, which is more than Australia..

    > We did reasonably in the velodrome; I'm not disappointed. But credit
    > where it's due.

    'this_is_not_a_virus.vbs'?

  19. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    Simon Brooke wrote:
    > in message <[email protected]>, David
    > Martin ('[email protected]') wrote:
    >
    > > Simon Brooke wrote:
    > >> Congratulations, you English, that's a fine haul of medals.

    > > But the Scots have been doing very well in the pool. 2 swimming golds
    > > so far, which is more than Australia..

    > We did reasonably in the velodrome; I'm not disappointed. But credit
    > where it's due.

    Indeed. It is very close at the top in the kilo. Kudos to the aussies
    for taking it so well. And well done to the IP guys..

    It looks very much like it will be a very close fought team sprint.

    ...d

    > --
    > [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
    > begin 666 this_is_not_a_virus.vbs
    > There is no virus attached to this post.
    > end

  20. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, cupra
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > Simon Brooke wrote:
    >> in message <[email protected]>,
    >> David Martin ('[email protected]') wrote:

    >>> But the Scots have been doing very well in the pool. 2 swimming golds
    >>> so far, which is more than Australia..

    >> We did reasonably in the velodrome; I'm not disappointed. But credit
    >> where it's due.

    > 'this_is_not_a_virus.vbs'?

    That's right.

    ;; If Python is executable pseudocode,