On the Horns of a Dilema

"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> James of Staples, in scribbled ;
>
> > The French would never 'boil him in oil' - sauted in extra virgin olive oil with a hint of
> > freshly chopped garlic is more likely.
> >
> > James
>
> With a decent vin blanc to follow ...

Vin Blanc? With red meat?

You'd follow him into the pot....

Eddie Dubourg wrote:

> One of these days I'll have to stop procrastinating.

I saw one of those self-help book tapes once called "overcoming procrastination" - you culd send it
back for a refund if it hadn't made a difference in 90 days. Obviously, if you got round to sending
it back..... well, I think you can see the irony.

--
Guy
===

Eddie Dubourg, deftly scribbled ;

> "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> James of Staples, in scribbled ;
>>
>>> The French would never 'boil him in oil' - sauted in extra virgin olive oil with a hint of
>>> freshly chopped garlic is more likely.
>>>
>>> James
>>
>> With a decent vin blanc to follow ...
>
> Vin Blanc? With red meat?

Would it be red meat though ? I've never eaten human before .. ;)

> You'd follow him into the pot....

Flavouring, s'what it's all about.

...................................Paul-*** Seti 1351 wu in 9501 hours

"Eddie Dubourg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:jd%[email protected]...

> "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > James of Staples, in scribbled ;
> >
> > > The French would never 'boil him in oil' - sauted in extra virgin olive oil with a hint of
> > > freshly chopped garlic is more likely.
> > >
> > > James
> >
> > With a decent vin blanc to follow ...
>
> Vin Blanc? With red meat?

Canibalism and the wrong choice of wine somewhat less shocking than even having thoughts involving
"rec*mbent tr*ke" and "t*ur d'*tape".

[ Phrased munged ... hey I might want to apply for a permit to live there. ]

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:b0onj4$dct$1

> I saw one of those self-help book tapes once called "overcoming procrastination" - you culd send
> it back for a refund if it hadn't made a difference in 90 days. Obviously, if you got round to
> sending it
back.....
> well, I think you can see the irony.

ROTFLMAO!

lovely.

"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:b0r065$sbv3i$1@ID-

> Would it be red meat though ? I've never eaten human before .. ;)

Pork/Bacon apparently (long pig and all that)

> > You'd follow him into the pot....
>
> Flavouring, s'what it's all about.

Might I suggest curing the leg separately, serving it baked with a honey glaze and morello
cherries (possibly a dash of cinnamon and some cloves), a fine cumberland sauce, and a good claret
to wash it down?

I fear muscles honed for cycling the Étape may be a tad tough, so alternative recipes may need to be
sought.....

Anyone got Dr Lecter's phone number?

W K wrote:

> Canibalism and the wrong choice of wine somewhat less shocking than even having thoughts involving
> "rec*mbent tr*ke" and "t*ur d'*tape".

Could be sillier, at least as a first impression. May have actually been the designer, but someone
took a Thys recumbent rowing bike all around the whole TdF route last year...

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

"W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... <snip>
> Canibalism and the wrong choice of wine somewhat less shocking than even having thoughts involving
> "rec*mbent tr*ke" and "t*ur d'*tape".

Was that careful choice of the letters asterisked out? I only ask as at first glance I was sure you
were talking about "turd tape" and now my mind is boggling as to what that might be. A low cost
alternative to Immodium perhaps? "Take one strip and apply firmly to the affected orifice."

....sorry

Graeme

>Ride it on the tourer. Strip off some of the stuff you don't need for a day ride, and it will not
>be significantly worse than a `proper' road bike. I imagine you'll want the triple chainset anyway
>(but maybe not).
>
>James

I tend to agree with this if finances are really tight (when are they ever not...) strip down the
tourer... replace parts with lighter ones where budget will allow.

Keep training too :)

Cheers, helen s

p.s. Full report of Etape required to be put on the newsgroup - ta!

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

On 23-Jan-2003, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

> I tend to agree with this if finances are really tight (when are they ever not...) strip down the
> tourer... replace parts with lighter ones where budget will allow.

Yes I guess using the tourer is the sensible option, although I expected better from you lot :) Mind
you I mentioned this option to my wife last night and she said "Oh no, if you are going to do it
you'll need a nice road bike".

Cheers,

Andy

(wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:
>>Ride it on the tourer. Strip off some of the stuff you don't need for a day ride, and it will not
>>be significantly worse than a `proper' road bike. I imagine you'll want the triple chainset anyway
>>(but maybe not).
>>
>>James
>

>I tend to agree with this if finances are really tight (when are they ever not...) strip down the
>tourer... replace parts with lighter ones where budget will allow.
>
>Keep training too :)
>
>Cheers, helen s
>
>p.s. Full report of Etape required to be put on the newsgroup - ta!

butting in...

did you read Neils report??

http://cuzzer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

follow the link for the etape

becka

--
Becka Currant All views are my own blah blah blah "From now on we're going to have a little less
ritual and a little more fun around here". Spike in Buffy

> On 23-Jan-2003, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:
>
> > I tend to agree with this if finances are really tight (when are they
ever
> > not...) strip down the tourer... replace parts with lighter ones where budget will allow.
>
> Yes I guess using the tourer is the sensible option, although I expected better from you lot :)

Much as I promote the (cough) 26" wheel tourer option for many many things, I don't think I'd try a
tour d'etape on one unless making a point about such bikes. Bad enough trying to tell bike shops in
france that you tour on such wheels.

>Mind you I mentioned this option to my wife last night and she said "Oh no, if you are going to do
>it you'll need a nice
road
> bike".

They might have a point - you do say you want to have a go at racing, so a racing bike would b
logical. But OTOH isn't the tour d'etape more or less a fast audax than a race?

You'll have to do the equivalent of a few audaxes on your training anyway, so perhaps try them on
your existing bike.

[email protected] wrote:

>Mind you I mentioned this option to my wife last night and she said "Oh no, if you are going to do
>it you'll need a nice road bike".

Be afraid, be very afraid. She's planning summat. ;-)

Tony

http://www.raven-family.com

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George
Bernard Shaw.

On 23-Jan-2003, "W K" <[email protected]> wrote:

> They might have a point - you do say you want to have a go at racing, so a racing bike would b
> logical. But OTOH isn't the tour d'etape more or less a fast audax than a race?
>
> You'll have to do the equivalent of a few audaxes on your training anyway, so perhaps try them on
> your existing bike.

Sounds like a sensible plan. I'm not 40 until September 2004 so I'll probably wait until 2004
to do the Etape, which means that I could do a few Audax events on my tourer this year to see
how I get on.

Cheers,

Andy

On 23 Jan 2003 10:32:31 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

>In reality one can never have too many bikes!

That works in fantasy as well. In my head I own a couple of Roberts' and a Windcheetah.

Bob

On 23-Jan-2003, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

> Quick! Strike whilst the iron is hot! In reality one can never have too many bikes!

True, but I think when she said that I should get a nice road bike she had in mind selling the
Windcheetah. Actually I dare say I could just buy a nice road bike and I'd get away with it. But I'm
afraid that even I think buying two expensive bikes for messing around on in consecutive years (with
a baby inbetween) is a bit extravagent. Maybe fatherhood is making me soft.

Cheers,

Andy

Graeme Dods wrote:
> "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... <snip>
>> Canibalism and the wrong choice of wine somewhat less shocking than even having thoughts
>> involving "rec*mbent tr*ke" and "t*ur d'*tape".
>
> Was that careful choice of the letters asterisked out? I only ask as at first glance I was sure
> you were talking about "turd tape" and now my mind is boggling as to what that might be. A low
> cost alternative to Immodium perhaps? "Take one strip and apply firmly to the affected orifice."
>
> ....sorry
>
> Graeme

If anyone can remember tub tape, and imagine a rearwards brazilian job but not for hair.

Thats what turd tape is.

I'll get my coat.

--
Andy Morris