On the road today....

gman0482 said:
Beautiful and peaceful. I like that twisty road sign, telling you it will be fun. That gravel looks packed down so not that bad to ride on ?

I hope you weren't towing any caravans.

The gravel was pretty good, apart from two of the descents which were rutted and loose, but minor stuff in the scheme of things.

No caravan, but the way I rode I might as well have had a caboose attached.:D

completed the sean kelly tour of waterford 2 wks ago my first 160 km ,4 climbs two cat1 went in at deep end i supose pure torture but enjoyable met the great man himself as he rode along with us great event though ...its an anual event bueatiful scenery south of ireland

hod65 said:
completed the sean kelly tour of waterford 2 wks ago my first 160 km ,4 climbs two cat1 went in at deep end i supose pure torture but enjoyable met the great man himself as he rode along with us great event though ...its an anual event bueatiful scenery south of ireland

That sounds cool, did you get any pics?

64Paramount said:
That sounds cool, did you get any pics?
did not bring camera just got a pic with sean on my phone not a great camera on the phone unfortunatly some pics on utube of the event sean kelly tour of waterford ...think there was bout 1500 did the 160 ,hit the wall at about 140 km but struggled on may not have eaten enough just ran out of energy

hod65 said:
Well done, sounds brilliant.

Well, it seems that post reporting isn't working.....

I'm going to assume that arthurart09's post above was a crafty attempt at spam as it's a post that I made a month or two ago.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Well, it seems that post reporting isn't working.....

I'm going to assume that arthurart09's post above was a crafty attempt at spam as it's a post that I made a month or two ago.

I just tried to report it and it seemed to work..

Originally Posted by 64Paramount .

I just tried to report it and it seemed to work..

Well, maybe one of the benefits of this new forum suite is random operating function for users. So far, this new format is slower, offers fewer features for users, and appears dumbed down to the point of uselessness.

Well, maybe one of the benefits of this new forum suite is random operating function for users. So far, this new format is slower, offers fewer features for users, and appears dumbed down to the point of uselessness.
Can you let me know what error you received, if any?

Originally Posted by steve .

Can you let me know what error you received, if any?

For the record, nothing happens. Not a damned thing. Must be some slick new feature. More importantly, why the hell do you want to know? Is this like when you asked people to test drive the forum just a few days before the transition? It's not as if you were actually going to pay heed to any comments made. You'd already made your decision. So, really Steve, all that matter is that the new forum pleases you.

Again, this forum "package" is the absolute worst I've seen, without question.

For the record, nothing happens. Not a damned thing. Must be some slick new feature.

Again, this forum "package" is the absolute worst I've seen, without question.
Can tell me what browser and OS your running. I've tested it on several browsers without issues.

Appreciate your feedback, things haven't gone as smooth as we hoped, missing posts etc..

I took this pic on my ride this morning, it's just a small portion of a large plant nursery of few miles from my house.

This is about 60 acres of potted plants....

Pottedplants.jpg

Here is a pic of the Mississippi from this morning. I think it is at 13 feet now. 14 feet is flood stage and it crested at over 17 feet just last week. The road I took the pic from had been closed till a couple of days ago.

Mississippijustunder14feet.jpg

Originally Posted by 64Paramount .

Here is a pic of the Mississippi from this morning. I think it is at 13 feet now. 14 feet is flood stage and it crested at over 17 feet just last week. The road I took the pic from had been closed till a couple of days ago.
Nice, does it flood often?

Originally Posted by steve .

Nice, does it flood often?

It floods just about every Spring, how high it gets depends on how much snow we got during the Winter. But it's unusual for it to flood this late in the year, I've lived here 14 years now and this is the first Fall flood I've seen.

Sure, this thread has been dormant, but it it has pictures. Just like a "Hustler" magazine, that's the best part.

I passed a woman in traffic on the way home from a ride, and she had a Volagi bike on the back of her car (car and bike were color coordinated). I stopped to let her pass me so I could take a closer look, and by a stroke of the gods, she turned in the parking lot of an LBS that was very close. So I followed, but not in a stalking way. I studied the bike for a while and chatted with the lady. The bike looks well made and well thought out. As it happens, Volagi's going to be hosting test rides here in the Old Pueblo next week, so I think I'm gonna take up a climb. In the words of the lady, the bike is a lot more comfortable in terms of fit and damping impulses from riding over road imperfections. Her measure of comparison is the Madone 5.9 she had prior. The Volagi is certainly an attractive looking bike:

As interesting as the bike was and, frankly, the lady (It's curious sometimes how much in common you can find with a stranger), the riding before was much better. The ride was up and down Mt. Lemmon. I only stopped for one pic:

If you like climbing, Mt. Lemmon is reason enough to come to Tucson. There are of course many other cycling reasons as well as others--loads of scantily clad women--for coming to Tucson. Mt. Lemmon is a roughly 25 mile climb, at an average grade of 4.7% or so. Of course the upside to that is the roughly 25 mile descent. The road is a smooth as the soft, inner portion of Marisa Tomei's thigh.....except at a corner called "Windy Point" where apparently it was decided to install fake paving stones.

Sure, this thread has been dormant, but it it has pictures. Just like a "Hustler" magazine, that's the best part.

Nice brakes!