"once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of some mt. bikers is being displayed"

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mike Vandeman, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In my experience, it is ALL mountain bikers that are selfish, arrogant, and stupid.

    Mike

    From: [name withheld to protect them from threats, harassment, and abuse by mountain bikers] To:
    "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> Subject: Re: "Fort Ord habitat in peril from mountain bikers"
    Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:27:08 -0800

    Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of some mt. bikers is being
    displayed. CB

    ===
    I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
     
    Tags:


  2. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of
    some
    > mt. bikers is being displayed. CB

    If you are going to forge your own fan mail it might help if you didn't use your own style of prose.

    Andy Chequer
     
  3. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In my experience, it is ALL mountain bikers that are selfish, arrogant,
    and
    > stupid.
    >
    > Mike
    >
    >
    > From: [name withheld to protect them from threats, harassment, and abuse
    by
    > mountain bikers] To: "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> Subject: Re: "Fort Ord habitat in peril
    > from mountain bikers" Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:27:08 -0800
    >
    > Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of
    some
    > mt. bikers is being displayed. CB
    >
    > ===
    > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    > help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

    probably true. but then, those same generalizations were used by Hitler against the Jews, by many
    Americans against the African Americans and countless other groups who thought, incorrectly, that an
    entire group of people could be characterized so simplistically. Then again, it just shows the
    shortsightedness of your attitudes and total inability to realize that those who mountain bike are
    no different than those that hike, swim, run, cook, sew, play football, or jerk off excessively
    every day. AS a group, they represent an entire cross section of society and cannot in any way be
    characterized by one or two words that by their use serve your myopic view of the group in question.
     
  4. Ddb

    Ddb Guest

    I belong !!! I really truly belong!!!! I'm so happy!!

    and I thought I was the only, selfish, arrogant, stupid one.

    Thanks Mike

    "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In my experience, it is ALL mountain bikers that are selfish, arrogant,
    and
    > stupid.
    >
    > Mike
    >
    >
    > From: [name withheld to protect them from threats, harassment, and abuse
    by
    > mountain bikers] To: "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> Subject: Re: "Fort Ord habitat in peril
    > from mountain bikers" Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:27:08 -0800
    >
    > Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of
    some
    > mt. bikers is being displayed. CB
    >
    > ===
    > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    > help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
     
  5. On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:31:43 -0000, "Andy Chequer"
    <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote:

    .> Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of .some .> mt. bikers is
    being displayed. CB . .If you are going to forge your own fan mail it might help if you didn't use
    .your own style of prose.

    Don't assume that others are as dishonest as mountain bikers. I don't need to forge anything. The
    truth is quite adequate to condemn your selfish, destructive sport.

    .Andy Chequer

    ===
    I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
     
  6. On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:20:38 GMT, "Michael Paul" <mfpaul [email protected]>
    wrote:

    . ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    .news:[email protected]... .> In my experience, it is ALL mountain bikers
    that are selfish, arrogant, .and .> stupid. .> .> Mike .> .> .> From: [name withheld to protect them
    from threats, harassment, and abuse .by .> mountain bikers] .> To: "Mike Vandeman"
    <[email protected]> .> Subject: Re: "Fort Ord habitat in peril from mountain bikers" .> Date: Sat,
    24 Jan 2004 23:27:08 -0800 .> .> Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity
    of .some .> mt. bikers is being displayed. CB .> .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat
    that is off-limits to .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> years
    fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande . .probably
    true. but then, those same generalizations were used by Hitler .against the Jews,

    Oh, right. If Hitler said something, that vitiates those words for all time to come. Right. Idiot.

    by many Americans against the African Americans and .countless other groups who thought,
    incorrectly, that an entire group of .people could be characterized so simplistically.

    I have observed THOUSANDS of mountain bikers in person and on the 'net. I have yet to meet even ONE
    who is honest. That is just a fact.

    Then again, it just shows .the shortsightedness of your attitudes and total inability to realize
    that .those who mountain bike are no different than those that hike, swim, run, .cook, sew, play
    football, or jerk off excessively every day.

    How would you know? Have you done a study? I doubt it. In fact, people who engage in a partcular
    activity ARE different. People who mountain bike are just not THE SAME AS THOSE WHO spend their time
    trying to save wildlife. To say that they are is dishonest (nothing new, for mountain bikers). There
    is a REASON that mountain bikers are so honest: if they had to tell the truth, they would no longer
    be able to practice such a destructive sport.

    AS a group, .they represent an entire cross section of society and cannot in any way be
    .characterized by one or two words that by their use serve your myopic view .of the group
    in question.

    I have enough data to say that you are absolutely wrong. For example, I have yet to meet one who is
    honest about mountain biking. And you are no exception! You are just as dishonest as all the rest.
    ===
    I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
     
  7. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:20:38 GMT, "Michael Paul" <mfpaul
    [email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >

    > I have enough data to say that you are absolutely wrong. For example, I
    have yet
    > to meet one who is honest about mountain biking. And you are no exception!
    You
    > are just as dishonest as all the rest.

    that's not data, that's simply your incorrect impression and opinion.

    show actual data. give me facts. show me studies. you can't because they don't exist and even if
    they did exist they could so easily be proven wrong. you should know that. you had to actually
    perform primary reserach for your dissertation didn't you? You know, something that you published to
    peers and those peers actually reviewed you on your methods?

    if you tried to publish any kind of study supporting your deranged ideas about bikers you'd be
    laughed out of any organization that chooses to actually acknowledge your "credentials" because you
    continously violate so many of the basic principles of testing.

    Michael
     
  8. Trey C.

    Trey C. Guest

    Mike Vandeman wrote:
    > In my experience, it is ALL mountain bikers that are selfish, arrogant, and stupid.
    >
    > Mike
    >
    >
    > From: [name withheld to protect them from threats, harassment, and abuse by mountain bikers] To:
    > "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> Subject: Re: "Fort Ord habitat in peril from mountain
    > bikers" Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:27:08 -0800
    >
    > Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of some mt. bikers is being
    > displayed. CB
    >

    If you say "CandyMan" five times, will Mike Vandeman appear? Scary thought...

    T.C.
     
  9. Redneck_dave

    Redneck_dave Guest

    People who ride bikes should be

    1. Licensed
    2. Registered
    3. Insured

    They ride on the road and can cause accidents. Can ANYONE tell me a good reason why they shouldn't
    be treated like everyone else???

    Dave
     
  10. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "Redneck_Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > People who ride bikes should be
    >
    > 1. Licensed
    > 2. Registered
    > 3. Insured
    >
    > They ride on the road and can cause accidents. Can ANYONE tell me a good reason why they shouldn't
    > be treated like everyone else???
    >
    > Dave

    White-trash fat-assed mullet-wearing pickup-driving hicks are by far a greater road hazard than
    any cyclist.
     
  11. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    "Michael Paul" <mfpaul [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:20:38 GMT, "Michael Paul" <mfpaul
    > [email protected]>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    >
    > > I have enough data to say that you are absolutely wrong. For example, I
    > have yet
    > > to meet one who is honest about mountain biking. And you are no
    exception!
    > You
    > > are just as dishonest as all the rest.
    >
    > that's not data, that's simply your incorrect impression and opinion.
    >
    > show actual data. give me facts. show me studies. you can't because
    they
    > don't exist and even if they did exist they could so easily be proven
    wrong.
    > you should know that. you had to actually perform primary reserach for
    your
    > dissertation didn't you? You know, something that you published to peers and those peers actually
    > reviewed you on your methods?
    >
    > if you tried to publish any kind of study supporting your deranged ideas about bikers you'd be
    > laughed out of any organization that chooses to actually acknowledge your "credentials" because
    > you continously violate so many of the basic principles of testing.
    >
    > Michael
    >
    >
    Hey Dr. Dipsh!t,

    I came across this quote you allegedly made in an article. perhaps you should think about it next
    time you start spewing facts about how your observations constitute scientific fact.

    Having earned a Ph.D., I know that doing valid research is expensive and difficult. However, it is
    the only way we know of to arrive at reliable knowledge.

    Michael
     
  12. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    "Trey C." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Mike Vandeman wrote:
    > > In my experience, it is ALL mountain bikers that are selfish, arrogant, and stupid.
    > >
    > > Mike
    > >
    > >
    > > From: [name withheld to protect them from threats, harassment, and abuse by mountain bikers] To:
    > > "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> Subject: Re: "Fort Ord habitat in peril from mountain
    > > bikers" Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:27:08 -0800
    > >
    > > Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of some mt. bikers is being
    > > displayed. CB
    > >
    >
    > If you say "CandyMan" five times, will Mike Vandeman appear? Scary thought...
    >
    > T.C.

    It's truly amazing that Mike V. can type as much as he does here with his left hand only, being that
    his right hand is constantly stroking his dinky.
     
  13. On 25 Jan 2004 20:35:47 -0800, [email protected] (Redneck_Dave) wrote:

    .People who ride bikes should be . .1. Licensed .2. Registered .3. Insured . .They ride on the road
    and can cause accidents. Can ANYONE tell me a .good reason why they shouldn't be treated like
    everyone else???

    Good question.

    .Dave

    ===
    I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
     
  14. On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:04:54 GMT, "Michael Paul" <mfpaul [email protected]>
    wrote:

    . ."Michael Paul" <mfpaul [email protected]> wrote in message
    .news:[email protected]... .> .> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message .> news:[email protected]... .> > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:20:38
    GMT, "Michael Paul" <mfpaul .> [email protected]> .> > wrote: .> > .> .> > I have enough data to say
    that you are absolutely wrong. For example, I .> have yet .> > to meet one who is honest about
    mountain biking. And you are no .exception! .> You .> > are just as dishonest as all the rest. .> .>
    that's not data, that's simply your incorrect impression and opinion. .> .> show actual data. give
    me facts. show me studies. you can't because .they .> don't exist and even if they did exist they
    could so easily be proven .wrong. .> you should know that. you had to actually perform primary
    reserach for .your .> dissertation didn't you? You know, something that you published to peers .>
    and those peers actually reviewed you on your methods? .> .> if you tried to publish any kind of
    study supporting your deranged ideas .> about bikers you'd be laughed out of any organization that
    chooses to .> actually acknowledge your "credentials" because you continously violate so .> many of
    the basic principles of testing. .> .> Michael .> .> .Hey Dr. Dipsh!t, . .I came across this quote
    you allegedly made in an article. perhaps you .should think about it next time you start spewing
    facts about how your .observations constitute scientific fact. . .Having earned a Ph.D., I know that
    doing valid research is expensive and .difficult. However, it is the only way we know of to arrive
    at reliable .knowledge.

    Reliable knowledge starts with HONESTY, something mountain bikers have NONE of. You guys apparently
    think you can't defend your selfish, destructive sport unless you LIE. I have demonstrated that
    over & over.

    .Michael

    ===
    I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
     
  15. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    > Reliable knowledge starts with HONESTY, something mountain bikers have
    NONE of.
    > You guys apparently think you can't defend your selfish, destructive sport unless you LIE. I have
    > demonstrated that over & over.
    >

    the number of times you use circular logic to defend your position is simply amazing. I have no idea
    how you made it through high school, let alone obtained a PhD with such poor logic skills. The liar
    liar pants on fire defense stopped working when most people turned about 9 but it seems to be one
    you have embraced. Excellent work Doctor
     
  16. On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:03:57 GMT, "Michael Paul" <mfpaul [email protected]>
    wrote:

    . .> .> Reliable knowledge starts with HONESTY, something mountain bikers have .NONE of. .> You guys
    apparently think you can't defend your selfish, destructive sport .> unless you LIE. I have
    demonstrated that over & over. .> . .the number of times you use circular logic to defend your
    position is simply .amazing. I have no idea how you made it through high school, let alone .obtained
    a PhD with such poor logic skills. The liar liar pants on fire .defense stopped working when most
    people turned about 9 but it seems to be .one you have embraced. Excellent work Doctor

    I just tell the truth -- something that drives mountain bikers crazy.
    ===
    I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
     
  17. Brett Jaffee

    Brett Jaffee Guest

    Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I just tell the truth -- something that drives mountain bikers crazy.
    > ===

    Ah yes...like when you claimed horses had more of a right to be on trails on trails than bikes
    because they were native to North America...until some pointed out to you that horses are in fact,
    not native to North America. At which point, you tried to cover your ass by saying you weren't
    talking about modern horses. Seems like a lie to me, unless you were trying to imply that it's okay
    for prehistoric horses to be on the trails (which would be assinine, even for you).
     
  18. Jason

    Jason Guest

    "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:03:57 GMT, "Michael Paul" <mfpaul
    [email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > . .> .> Reliable knowledge starts with HONESTY, something mountain bikers have .NONE of. .> You
    > guys apparently think you can't defend your selfish, destructive
    sport
    > .> unless you LIE. I have demonstrated that over & over. .> . .the number of times you use
    > circular logic to defend your position is
    simply
    > .amazing. I have no idea how you made it through high school, let alone .obtained a PhD with such
    > poor logic skills. The liar liar pants on fire .defense stopped working when most people turned
    > about 9 but it seems to
    be
    > .one you have embraced. Excellent work Doctor
    >
    > I just tell the truth -- something that drives mountain bikers crazy.
    > ===
    > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    > help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

    No you LIE, you say the Candyman Sting does not exist, but it does. Proof you lie, as you are lying
    right now DUH!
     
  19. ireman_1

    ireman_1 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2003
    Messages:
    578
    Likes Received:
    0
    >Originally posted by Mike Vandeman [/i]
    >On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:04:54 GMT,

    >Reliable knowledge starts with HONESTY, something mountain >bikers have NONE of. You guys apparently
    >think you can't defend your selfish, destructive sport unless you >LIE. I have demonstrated that
    over & over.

    >http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande[/url

    Mike,
    If nothing else (nothing) you are entertaining. You know, kind of like how watching bumbs fight for over a bottle of Ol' Crow is funny and pathetic at the same time. I'll light a candle for you at mass.

    K.
     
  20. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:31:43 -0000, "Andy Chequer"
    > <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote:
    >
    > .> Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of .some .> mt. bikers is
    > being displayed. CB . .If you are going to forge your own fan mail it might help if you didn't
    use
    > .your own style of prose.
    >
    > Don't assume that others are as dishonest as mountain bikers. I don't need
    to
    > forge anything. The truth is quite adequate to condemn your selfish,
    destructive
    > sport.

    No denials then............thanks for providing a sample for comparison!

    Andy Chequer
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Loading...