One advantage of shaved legs.

Simon Mason

Guest
After taking the plunge a few weeks ago, I found the advantage of hair free
legs. This morning's commute was very messy, a cold east head wind with
drizzle, meant my legs got covered in mud splashes. In the disabled toilet I
got some paper rolls and soaked a piece in hot water and my legs buffed up a
treat in no time without any bits of mud stuck to the hairs.

Only thing is, this girl said within earshot of everyone, "Are you still
shaving your legs Simon?" Honestly, I'm starting to get worried about myself
now ;-)

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

> Only thing is, this girl said within earshot of everyone, "Are you still
> shaving your legs Simon?" Honestly, I'm starting to get worried about
> myself now ;-)

If you want to wind her up, the reply should be, "No, I've changed to
waxing. Smoother for longer. But if the regrowth turns inward, it can be a
b*tch."

Cheers, helen s

> --
> Simon Mason
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

"wafflycat" <wafflesATv21netDOTcoDOTuk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
now ;-)

> If you want to wind her up, the reply should be, "No, I've changed to
> waxing. Smoother for longer. But if the regrowth turns inward, it can be a
> b*tch."

The first time, I used an old disposable razor not wanting to spoil my best
razor, a Mach 3. I took a big chunk of flesh from my shin with the first
go - I should have used some Gary Imlach instead ;-)

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

> After taking the plunge a few weeks ago, I found the advantage of hair
> free legs. This morning's commute was very messy, a cold east head wind
> with drizzle, meant my legs got covered in mud splashes. In the disabled
> toilet I got some paper rolls and soaked a piece in hot water and my legs
> buffed up a treat in no time without any bits of mud stuck to the hairs.
>
> Only thing is, this girl said within earshot of everyone, "Are you still
> shaving your legs Simon?" Honestly, I'm starting to get worried about
> myself now ;-)

Be worried, be very worried. You know the feeling you get when you walk in a
room and everyone stops talking and laughing ...

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, it was written:

> "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > Only thing is, this girl said within earshot of everyone, "Are you
> > still shaving your legs Simon?" Honestly, I'm starting to get worried
> > about myself now ;-)

> If you want to wind her up, the reply should be,

"Yes; more often than you, by the look of it."

:)

tom

--
It involves police, bailiffs, vampires and a portal to hell under a tower block in Hackney.

"elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in news:vgS8e.14910$G8.7024
@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

> You know the feeling you get when you walk in a
> room and everyone stops talking and laughing ...

No, tell us more...

;)

Tom Anderson <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, it was written:
>
> > "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > Only thing is, this girl said within earshot of everyone, "Are you
> > > still shaving your legs Simon?" Honestly, I'm starting to get worried
> > > about myself now ;-)

> > If you want to wind her up, the reply should be,

And above my top lip as well!

Arthur Clune wrote:

> I use my Mach 3 on my legs. When a blade starts to get old, I use it
> on my legs.

When do you use it on your legs?

Simonb <[email protected]> wrote:
: Arthur Clune wrote:

:> I use my Mach 3 on my legs. When a blade starts to get old, I use it
:> on my legs.

: When do you use it on your legs?

In the bath :)

When the blue strip starts to look worn.

Don't get me wrong, perl is an OK operating system, but it lacks a
lightweight scripting language -- Walter Dnes

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:38:35 GMT, "elyob" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>You know the feeling you get when you walk in a
>room and everyone stops talking and laughing ...

That's just perfectly normal paranoia, everyone has that.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

On 19 Apr 2005 09:32:54 GMT, "Arthur Clune" <[email protected]> wrote:

>When the blue strip starts to look worn.

Crickey. You can get a blade to last that long!

I must note that I do not shave my legs. Being a "short fat hairy
Scots git" has its advatages during the frequently cold/wet weather.

But to digress and go completely off topic, the state of razor blades
at the carrent moment is diabolical. I cannot get modern razors to
last longer that 3/4 shaves (I suppose having chin hair like wire wool
doesn't help). But "when I was younger" razors blades would last for
ages.

My fav is Wilkinson Sword, the rake of the blade just seems to suit my
skin. Their 3D protector kit is great. Gillette _always_ gives me
razor burn.

BTW do not try the Quatro 4 blade kit - its diabolical. the "landing
area" required makes it very difficult to shave properly/safely.

But the price of shaving is scandelous - ~5ukp for 4 blades on average
is a rip off. I tried my fathers old single blade double sided razor
the other day (complete with horse hair brush and soap), and I must
admit, there hasn't been much progress....

Arthur Clune wrote:
> Simonb <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Arthur Clune wrote:

>>> I use my Mach 3 on my legs. When a blade starts to get old, I use it
>>> on my legs.

>> When do you use it on your legs?

> In the bath :)
>
> When the blue strip starts to look worn.

What, after 1 side on a monday morning?

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

Love this:

Ian <[email protected]> wrote in news:040b611go4dkrqem7mrkgmniriqgcopoki@
4ax.com:

> I tried my fathers old single blade double sided razor
> the other day (complete with horse hair brush and soap), and I must
> admit, there hasn't been much progress....

I've been getting rather annoyed with the price of blades these days too.
I've been very tempted to get my antique "Roll's Razor" out
<http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/3696/Intros02.html> but I'm terrified
of slicing through an artery by mistake :-/

Graeme

Graeme <[email protected]>typed

> Ian <[email protected]> wrote in news:040b611go4dkrqem7mrkgmniriqgcopoki@
> 4ax.com:

> > I tried my fathers old single blade double sided razor
> > the other day (complete with horse hair brush and soap), and I must
> > admit, there hasn't been much progress....

> I've been getting rather annoyed with the price of blades these days too.

I'm not surprised. I see the multibladed cassettes are now included in
the 'basket' that determines retail prices, while single-bladed
disposables have been excluded.

The price of Mach 3 blades and their ilk is almost criminal!

Women also get trapped by these companies cos Oral B is part of
Gillette. Guess which toothbrush is recommended by most dentists?

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

> The price of Mach 3 blades and their ilk is almost criminal!
>
> Women also get trapped by these companies cos Oral B is part of
> Gillette. Guess which toothbrush is recommended by most dentists?

Don't knock it. Gillette, Oral B, Paper Mate, Parker and Braun paid my
mortgage for a several of years. When I was first there, as a
consultant not an employee, I was seen using a Bic ballpoint. It was
made clear to me that such traitorous behaviour was not acceptable. My
mumbled comment, "I use their razors too," was not well received
either.

I believe they've now relocated their European HQ from Brentford to
Geneva although the wonderful Gillette building still says "Gillette"
on it. Duracell are now also owned by Gillette incidentally.

--
Dave...

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:04:52 +0100, Ian <[email protected]> wrote:

>But the price of shaving is scandelous - ~5ukp for 4 blades on average
>is a rip off

Amen to that, it's not retailing, it's mugging by other means. They
might just as well cosh you in Boots and take your wallet.

Anyway, I won't buy that Gillette Mach 3 Turbo Ninja GTI stuff on
general principle, on account of the bloody ludicrous advertising.

This seems a shame, because they do give a good shave, certainly
better than cheaper disposables, but I'm not willing to bend over for
the scoundrels and so I make do with Bics and the like.

>I tried my fathers old single blade double sided razor
>the other day (complete with horse hair brush and soap), and I must
>admit, there hasn't been much progress....

I think the shave foam/cream you use is just as important as the
blade. I find foam from a can does a very poor job, besides often
being overpriced.

Give me a good old Palmolive shave stick from Wilko's any day, 50p and
lasts for yonks. I agree about using a brush, I use one every day,
which I think is unusual for men of my generation. Shaving soap and a
good brush does a great job, and feels much more therapeutic and
luxurious than all that flashy, expensive, faux high tech ****.

Up yours Gillette!! *Blows raspberry!*

--

"Bob"

Email address is spam trapped.
To reply directly remove the beverage.

in message <[email protected]>, Graeme
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Ian <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:040b611go4dkrqem7mrkgmniriqgcopoki@ 4ax.com:
>
>> I tried my fathers old single blade double sided razor
>> the other day (complete with horse hair brush and soap), and I must
>> admit, there hasn't been much progress....

> I've been getting rather annoyed with the price of blades these days
> too. I've been very tempted to get my antique "Roll's Razor" out
> <http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/3696/Intros02.html> but I'm
> terrified of slicing through an artery by mistake :-/

Tsssk.

I've never shaved in my life, and I've always congratulated myself on
the twenty minutes a week that saves me, but if it's also saving me
five quid a week then... then... why, in four years, that's a new bike!

;; ... exposing the violence incoherent in the system...

Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I think the shave foam/cream you use is just as important as the
> blade. I find foam from a can does a very poor job, besides often
> being overpriced.

I've been using oil for a few years now and it's pretty good. It works out
fairly cheap though I'm sure if I got round to it I could make my own even
cheaper. A tiny 4 quid bottle lasts about 5-6 months (unless my wife gets
her mitts on it!)

Andy Morris <[email protected]> wrote:
:> When the blue strip starts to look worn.

: What, after 1 side on a monday morning?

Since I only shave two or three times a week, I get reasonable life
out of the razors :) That's a combination of fair hair, slow growing
beard and a place of employment with a slack attitiude towards facial
hair. If I needed to look smart everyday it'd be different.

Helen Deborah Vecht <[email protected]> wrote:

: I'm not surprised. I see the multibladed cassettes are now included in
: the 'basket' that determines retail prices, while single-bladed
: disposables have been excluded.

True, but the cheap disposables give me *horrendous* razor burn, so I
just pay the money.