One at a time

Luigi De Guzman

Guest
So it was a beautiful day today, and I have begun riding to
church again. I'm an office volunteer at the Spanish-
language Sunday school, so I rolled up in my bicycle and
locked it on a railing where I could keep an eye on it while
I was working.

I oversee a couple of high-school kids who volunteer their
time with us; they do all the dogsbody work: making copies,
taking the attendance lists, handing out announcements,
fetching files, etc. They're about fourteen years old--and
we always give one of them a hard time for being late. He
hitches to Sunday school with his mother and his cousins,
and they're not ready in enough time, so we always miss him
when we're setting-up.

I tell him I rode in on the bike. He looks at me, looks out
the window at my bike and thinks about it.

"maybe I should get myself a bike, so I don't have to be
late."

-Luigi

Frkrygow

Guest
Luigi de Guzman wrote:

> I tell him I rode in on the bike. He looks at me, looks
> out the window at my bike and thinks about it.
>
> "maybe I should get myself a bike, so I don't have to
> be late."

Great opportunity!

Can you "just happen" to stumble on a good used one you can
tell him about?

--
Frank Krygowski [To reply, omit what's between "at" and
"cc"]

Luigi De Guzman

Guest
On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 10:34:23 -0500, "frkrygow"
<"frkrygow"@omitcc.ysu.edu> wrote:

>Luigi de Guzman wrote:
>>
>> I tell him I rode in on the bike. He looks at me, looks
>> out the window at my bike and thinks about it.
>>
>> "maybe I should get myself a bike, so I don't have to
>> be late."
>
>Great opportunity!
>
>Can you "just happen" to stumble on a good used one you can
>tell him about?

Maybe. He's a kid, & kinda short; the good used ones come at
least a size too big for him.

That, and I'm already looking for a good used one for my
brother (14). I've promised to take him on a few rides in
the country this summertime, and I figure at 14 he's owed at
least some time in a bike that fits right and rolls nicely.
He's making noises about getting an old roadie. But by eye I
figure he'd need something like a 50 or 52 cm frame, & 700C
wheels may still be a bit big for him.

-Luigi