> How heavy is it?

"After I prepared the frame with a electric plane and a grinder it
started
to get its shape. All in all I took 10 kg wood off the frame. Once I
finished
the grinding the frames weight was only 27,5kg"

"The final weight of the bike is 52 kg"

So no featherweight, but it is a tandem.

On 2007-08-15, Andrew Priest <[email protected]> wrote:
> G'day
>
> The picture says it all ... Goto
> http://i.n.com.com/i/ne/p/2007/wooden_bike01_550x413.jpg
>
> Regards
> Andrew

Wow!

I wish my woodworking was that good!

All it needs is a pair of NOS wooden rims and leather brake pads.

Cheers

Joel

--
Human Powered Cycles | High quality servicing and repairs
[email protected] | Affordable second hand bikes

Joel Mayes wrote:
> On 2007-08-15, Andrew Priest <[email protected]> wrote:
>> G'day
>>
>> The picture says it all ... Goto
>> http://i.n.com.com/i/ne/p/2007/wooden_bike01_550x413.jpg
>>
>> Regards
>> Andrew

> Wow!
>
> I wish my woodworking was that good!
>
> All it needs is a pair of NOS wooden rims and leather brake pads.
>
> Cheers
>
> Joel

When is the lightweight Tour De France balsa version coming out?

Dorfus

On 2007-08-16, Dorfus Dippintush <[email protected]> wrote:
> Joel Mayes wrote:
>> On 2007-08-15, Andrew Priest <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> G'day
>>>
>>> The picture says it all ... Goto
>>> http://i.n.com.com/i/ne/p/2007/wooden_bike01_550x413.jpg
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Andrew

>> Wow!
>>
>> I wish my woodworking was that good!
>>
>> All it needs is a pair of NOS wooden rims and leather brake pads.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Joel
>>

> When is the lightweight Tour De France balsa version coming out?
>
> Dorfus

Balsa bollocks!

For real lightweight you want bamboo. it's hollow and butted.

Cheers

Joel

--

Joel Mayes wrote:

> On 2007-08-16, Dorfus Dippintush <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Joel Mayes wrote:

> >> Wow!
> >>
> >> I wish my woodworking was that good!
> >>
> >> All it needs is a pair of NOS wooden rims and leather brake pads.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> Joel
> >>

> > When is the lightweight Tour De France balsa version coming out?
> >
> > Dorfus

> Balsa bollocks!
>
> For real lightweight you want bamboo. it's hollow and butted.

Well, not so crazy, because they once used cane rims on the track.

And of course wood plus some blacksmithed iron were the original
materials for the first
cycles, ie, dandy-horses on which young members of the
upper classes risked life and limb to proove something
idiotic to anyone watching.

I will stay on 531 if you don't mind.

Patrick Turner.

"Patrick Turner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Joel Mayes wrote:

>> > When is the lightweight Tour De France balsa version coming out?
>> >
>> > Dorfus

>> Balsa bollocks!
>>
>> For real lightweight you want bamboo. it's hollow and butted.

> Well, not so crazy, because they once used cane rims on the track.
>
> And of course wood plus some blacksmithed iron were the original
> materials for the first
> cycles, ie, dandy-horses on which young members of the
> upper classes risked life and limb to proove something
> idiotic to anyone watching.
>
> I will stay on 531 if you don't mind.

Bamboo:

http://www.calfeedesign.com/bamboo.htm (and scroll down a bit).

Saw a kevlar+carbon frame once. Very stiff.

RIDE matters mate!

Thomas O, Tom R sO, Tomasso (Reynolds 853 is cool with me, with carbon forks).