one cup muffin cups

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Wayne Jones, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Wayne Jones

    Wayne Jones Guest

    Hi Can anyone tell me the proper time and temp for cooking muffins in a muffin tin with large 1 cup
    muffin cups? I am looking for conventional oven temp and cook times but I have a convection oven. If
    anyone knows if muffins turn out any better using the convection method, I'd like to know the temp
    and time for that too. Thanks Wayne Jones Ottawa, Ontario.

    Tags:

  2. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "Wayne Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Can anyone tell me the proper time and temp for cooking muffins in a
    muffin
    > tin with large 1 cup muffin cups? I am looking for conventional oven temp and cook times but I
    > have a convection oven. If anyone knows if muffins turn out any better using the convection
    > method, I'd like to know the temp and time for that too. Thanks Wayne Jones Ottawa, Ontario.

    Go here: http://www.boschappliances.com/ovens/1500_5655.asp

    Click on download the convection oven cookbook - it's free and a very good reference book.

    Dimitri

  3. Wayne Jones

    Wayne Jones Guest

    Thanks very much for the convection tip. I am referring to 1 cup muffins which are called 'Texas'
    muffins. Most recipes use 1/2 cup muffin cups which take about 20-25 minutes at 375-425 and I'm not
    sure how to adjust that for muffins twice the size.

    "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Wayne Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi Can anyone tell me the proper time and temp for cooking muffins in a
    > muffin
    > > tin with large 1 cup muffin cups? I am looking for conventional oven temp and cook times but I
    > > have a convection oven. If anyone knows if muffins turn out any better using
    the
    > > convection method, I'd like to know the temp and time for that too. Thanks Wayne Jones Ottawa,
    > > Ontario.
    >
    > Go here: http://www.boschappliances.com/ovens/1500_5655.asp
    >
    > Click on download the convection oven cookbook - it's free and a very good reference book.
    >
    > Dimitri

  4. Frogleg

    Frogleg Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:10:53 GMT, "Wayne Jones"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks very much for the convection tip. I am referring to 1 cup muffins which are called 'Texas'
    >muffins. Most recipes use 1/2 cup muffin cups which take about 20-25 minutes at 375-425 and I'm not
    >sure how to adjust that for muffins twice the size

    From a Google on "texas muffin":

    ...Put into a greased, muffin pan. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes (40 minutes for Texas muffins)