one cup muffin cups

W

Wayne Jones

Hi Can anyone tell me the proper time and temp for cooking muffins in a muffin tin with large 1 cup
muffin cups? I am looking for conventional oven temp and cook times but I have a convection oven. If
anyone knows if muffins turn out any better using the convection method, I'd like to know the temp
and time for that too. Thanks Wayne Jones Ottawa, Ontario.

"Wayne Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Can anyone tell me the proper time and temp for cooking muffins in a
muffin
> tin with large 1 cup muffin cups? I am looking for conventional oven temp and cook times but I
> have a convection oven. If anyone knows if muffins turn out any better using the convection
> method, I'd like to know the temp and time for that too. Thanks Wayne Jones Ottawa, Ontario.

Go here: http://www.boschappliances.com/ovens/1500_5655.asp

Click on download the convection oven cookbook - it's free and a very good reference book.

Dimitri

Thanks very much for the convection tip. I am referring to 1 cup muffins which are called 'Texas'
muffins. Most recipes use 1/2 cup muffin cups which take about 20-25 minutes at 375-425 and I'm not
sure how to adjust that for muffins twice the size.

"Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> "Wayne Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hi Can anyone tell me the proper time and temp for cooking muffins in a
> muffin
> > tin with large 1 cup muffin cups? I am looking for conventional oven temp and cook times but I
> > have a convection oven. If anyone knows if muffins turn out any better using
the
> > convection method, I'd like to know the temp and time for that too. Thanks Wayne Jones Ottawa,
> > Ontario.
>
> Go here: http://www.boschappliances.com/ovens/1500_5655.asp
>
> Click on download the convection oven cookbook - it's free and a very good reference book.
>
> Dimitri

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:10:53 GMT, "Wayne Jones"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks very much for the convection tip. I am referring to 1 cup muffins which are called 'Texas'
>muffins. Most recipes use 1/2 cup muffin cups which take about 20-25 minutes at 375-425 and I'm not
>sure how to adjust that for muffins twice the size

From a Google on "texas muffin":

...Put into a greased, muffin pan. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes (40 minutes for Texas muffins)