One for the Tent Gram Weenies

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Aushiker, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Aushiker

    Aushiker Guest

    Tags:

  2. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Aushiker wrote:

    > An interesting piece of lightweight eye candy ... not out yet but an interesting read ...
    > <http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/news/article/mps/UAN/2178/v/1/sp/>.

    That was posted back in July, and I think they are out now, or just about to be: there's a bit of
    spiel on them with a review in the new Trail

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  3. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:36:05 +0000, Peter Clinch wrote:

    >Aushiker wrote:
    >
    >> An interesting piece of lightweight eye candy ... not out yet but an interesting read ...
    >> <http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/news/article/mps/UAN/2178/v/1/sp/>.
    >
    >That was posted back in July, and I think they are out now, or just about to be: there's a bit of
    >spiel on them with a review in the new Trail

    But would you trust anything they say now?
    --
    Phil Cook

  4. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    > That was posted back in July, and I think they are out now, or just
    > about to be: there's a bit of spiel on them with a review in the new Trail

    Field & Trek are selling the Laser for £240 now but I have seen it at £199 inc VAT at another online
    store. Can't remember name but I've had some stuff from them before, will have a think.

    Cheers

    Andy

  5. Jiffy

    Jiffy Guest

  6. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

  7. Jiffy

    Jiffy Guest

    > Thats the one!! Been looking for that.

    Yeah, they're good. I've bought from them a couple of times now with no problems. They do a nice
    catalogue too. The catalogue lists the Laser at £199 but it's full price on the site. Maybe if you
    ask them nicely? They also do a BMC discount.

    Cheers, Jiffy

    PS: Still got my old 5210? I got my P900 so your old T68 has gone to pastures new where some kind
    soul has bought it a new camera attachment!

  8. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    > Yeah, they're good. I've bought from them a couple of times now with no problems. They do a nice
    > catalogue too. The catalogue lists the Laser at £199 but it's full price on the site. Maybe if you
    > ask them nicely? They also do a BMC discount.

    I can get my BMC discount but as I do some work for a local outdoor youth group I can get contract
    prices for everything or 20% off if its not in their catalogue. Can work out a lot cheaper

    > PS: Still got my old 5210? I got my P900 so your old T68 has gone to pastures new where some kind
    > soul has bought it a new camera attachment!

    Still got the phone. Standing up very well. Gone back into my 'I just want a phone' phase so it not
    having Bluetooth, colour screen, loads of menus etc. etc. is perfect.

    Debating if I should buy a new tent now!!! Just bought a new mountain bike so can't really afford it
    yet, but it's only money!!!

    Cheers

    Andy