One Less Car patch

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jean, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jean

Jean Guest

Does anyone know where I can get a One Less Car patch? I have found t-shirts and stickers, but I am
    looking for a patch I could put on my backpack, since it is with me most of the time.

thanks! jean

Tags:

2. Niteynite1

Niteynite1 Guest

>Does anyone know where I can get a One Less Car patch? I have found t-shirts and stickers, but I am
    >looking for a patch I could put on my backpack, since it is with me most of the time.
    >
    >thanks! jean
    >
    >
    Sorry, don't have a source for that, but a related true story: My town used to have an annual Bike
    to Work Day and one year, had orange vests made up with "One Less Car" printed on the back for all
    the participants to wear on the streets.

The following year, no vests. When asked why, the official running the program admitted they used a
    new printer. When the printer got the order for so many vests with the slogan "One Less Car" to be
    printed, he thought that must be wrong, so he printed up hundreds reading "One More Car." And it was
    too late to get a new batch printed before the ride.

His change apparently made perfect sense to him; after all, what modern-day American would want One
    Less Car on the road?

Will I drive a Kia. My cell phone is a NOkia. I am so confused.

3. Jym Dyer

Jym Dyer Guest

>> Does anyone know where I can get a One Less Car patch? I have found t-shirts and stickers, but I
    >> am looking for a patch I could put on my backpack, since it is with me most of the time.

=v= In theory, "One Less Car" is trademarked by Transportation Alternatives (
    http://www.transalt.org/ ), who licenses use of the phrase. Maybe they'd know someone who's put it
    onto a patch.

=v= In practice, of course, a whole lot of people use the phrase without the licensing. You could
    always get a big magic marker and write it on your backpack.

> When the printer got the order for so many vests with the slogan "One Less Car" to be printed, he
    > thought that must be wrong, so he printed up hundreds reading "One More Car."

=v= Wow, what a story! <_Jym_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.