One Less F***ing Revhead

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by cogcontrol, Sep 8, 2006.

  1. cogcontrol

    cogcontrol New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2004
    http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm

    I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad example.

    CC

    Tags:

  2. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

  3. stevebaby

    stevebaby New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2004
    Messages:
    3,515
    A bad example? Brockie only raced on the track...the right place for it.If some fool decides to try to emulate him on the public road,it is they who are at fault,not Brockie.
    He put in a lot of (unpaid) time in driver education for kids.He never made an enemy and he remained a gentleman all his life.He was successful in a notoriously difficult and competitive sport,something you will never do.He had style,and he had class...which you will also never have.
    I wish I had a fraction of his grace,style and good manners...but I don't.So please...go and hang yourself in the backyard and give the birds a feast.It's the only contribution you will ever make to the world in your worthless "life"..

  4. Spoken 4

    Spoken 4 Guest

    cogcontrol wrote:

    > http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm
    >
    > I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
    > overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
    > example.
    >
    > CC

    Utter bullshit. You obviously know nothing about the man.
    He was always on about safety and courtesy on the roads. If we have to have
    drivers on the road it would be better if we had more like him.

  5. BT Humble

    BT Humble Guest

    Parbs wrote:
    > cogcontrol wrote:
    > > http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm
    > >
    > > I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
    > > overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
    > > example.
    > >

    > Perhaps you should read these
    >
    > http://peterbrockfoundation.com.au/home/latestnews.html
    >
    > http://www.smh.com.au/olympics/articles/2004/08/26/1093518006536.html
    >
    > http://www.woj.com.au/2006/07/06/amy-gillett-foundation-road-user-forum-report/

    Nice slapdown, Parbs!

    So Cogboy, do tell us just what it is that YOU'VE done to promote
    cycling in your community?

    BTH

  6. dtmeister

    dtmeister Guest

    cogcontrol <[email protected]> wrote:

    > http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm
    >
    > I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
    > overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
    > example.

    What a _shitty_ thing to say. Brock was a gentleman who did many
    positive things in the community. How did he set a bad example? For
    racing on a race course? Get a life!

    --
    ..dt

  7. stevebaby

    stevebaby New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2004
    Messages:
    3,515
    Peter Brock did a hell of a lot to promote responsible driving.Thanks for the link to the Amy Gillett Foundation...Brockie has risen even further in my estimation.
    cogcontrol = failed abortion.

  8. cogcontrol

    cogcontrol New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2004
    I probably know as much about the man as you do, but in my mind there IS NO EXCUSE for shutting public roads for revheads to show off their cars and 'skills' if they restricted their activities to the race I dont have any problems at all.

    If Peter Brock was that serious about safety and courtesy on the road he would not have raced on public roads, setting the example of every revhead to follow.

    CC

  9. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

  10. parawolf

    parawolf New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2006
    Do you have problems with public roads being closed for triathelons? or Criteriums? or Road Races?

  11. Jono L

    Jono L Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2005
    Messages:
    4,434
    Why? You'd prefer them to race on open roads?

  12. stevebaby

    stevebaby New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2004
    Messages:
    3,515
    So..public roads should be closed to bike races too?
    Yes or no?

  13. Hitchy

    Hitchy New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2004
    Messages:
    1,876
    cogcontrol=farkwit!....or are you Germaine Greer incognito?...cretin!

  14. I remember Peter Brock once on 60 minutes talking about the rights of
    cyclists to use the road, and demonstrating to drivers how they should look
    out for cyclists.

    He was our best friend in the article, while Bill Tuckey was mouthing off
    all kinds of dribble against cyclists.

    If you want to have a go at a motor racing person, you are doing it to the
    wrong one, and at the wrong time.

    Paul

    "cogcontrol" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm
    >
    > I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
    > overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
    > example.
    >
    > CC
    >

    > --
    > cogcontrol

  15. cogcontrol

    cogcontrol New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2004
    I am not a bike racer so am ambivalent about public roads being shut for bike races and is not relevant to my point that racing on a public road makes a total mockery of all the anti speeding campaigns. It makes as much sense as shutting a public road for drink driving.

    These two factors being the biggest contributing factors to fatal accidents on our roads.

    The biggest consequence of shutting roads for bike races or triathlons is a few inconvienced car drivers.

    CC

  16. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    idiot

  17. stevebaby

    stevebaby New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2004
    Messages:
    3,515
    If the road is closed for racing then it is no longer a "public road".Fool.
    Peter Brock campaigned long and hard against drink-driving all his life and championed the rights of cyclists.
    You have not the faintest idea what you are talking about.
    Please follow my earlier advice.
    :) :) :)

  18. matagi

    matagi Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2006
    Messages:
    8,231
    I think you picked the wrong racing driver to vent your spleen upon. As a number of other posters have pointed out, Peter Brock campaigned against drink driving and was very active and vocal on the topic of road safety and the rights of cyclists.

    Had he been active in the illegal street drag racing scene and a habitual drink driver, you sentiments might have made sense. As it stands, you merely look like fool.

    And no, I am not a Peter Brock fan.

  19. Jono L

    Jono L Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2005
    Messages:
    4,434
    I think idiot of the year is sorted. Next...

  20. Peter Miller

    Peter Miller Guest