One more reason to love cycling in Bristol.

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:20:20 +0000, Martin Dann wrote:

> http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/disp...me=yes&more_nodeId1=144922&contentPK=20442367
>
> It seems that "cycle friendly" Bristol City Council, is going around
> chopping up peoples bike locks, that have been left overnight.
> Pity that the "cycle friendly" council can't provide enough Sheffield S
> stands in their budget, instead of creating facilities.

I can understand them wanting to remove them but as mentioned in the
article, a note would have been nice and probably saved the council
several hours worth of work chopping them off.

Charnwood Borough Council remove the cycle stands (and other street
furniture which is usually better for locking bikes to) from Loughborough
town centre in advance of the annual fair. Last year apparently they
removed the stands with bikes still locked to them without giving any
warning!

peter