One more success for the War on Terror (tm)

Adam J Edge wrote:
> From my experience, when I was 13 I was caught doing 35mph in a 30
> (downhill).
>
> I was pulled over by the police officer who had their speed gun and was
> issued with a fixed penalty notice for £25.00, in the days when Police
> Officers could use common sense and decide a fit penalty themselves.

I have a similar story, although without the fixed penalty notice.

Mind you, when he warned me to pay more attention to my speedo to ensure
it didn't happen again, I asked if he would rather I watch the road at
37.5 mph (which the max function had reported, his speed gun had said a
few points slower) or the speedo. He suggested that being sarky might
give me the ticket that the speeding hadn't ...

In message id <[email protected]>
on 2 Aug 2005 14:00:00 -0700, John_Kane wrote in uk.rec.cycling :

>As he tells it he simply accepted the ticket, went to court where the
>judge, who know him from earlier encounters laughed at the police
>officer and told the wheelchair driver to get out and quit picking on
>rookie police officers.

Get out of the wheelchair in a Jesus type "pick up your blankie and
walk" moment or get out of the courtroom for wasting "important"
people's time?

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 08:49:05 +0000 (UTC), Adam J Edge
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Now I live in North Wales, if I was caught doing that I'm certain the
>penalty would have been far more draconian. However, what would happen
>if you are flashed by a GATSO, presumably they can't prosecute? Anyone
>fancy having a go?

I've tried to set of the GATSO on Academy Road (South Circular) in
Woolwich while undertaking a heavily braking Vulva. Unfortunately I
was not successful.