One more year for Vinokourov

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
One more year for Vinokourov at Astana
Kazakh rider committed to Astana for one more season. Alexander Vinokourov has signed a one-year deal with his Kazakh team Astana. The 36-year-old will continue racing in 2011, even though he had previously indicated that this season may be his last.
Link: One More Year For Vinokourov At Astana | Cyclingnews.com

Vinokourov postpones retirement, will race a further year with Astana
Alexandre Vinokourov has decided to put any plans of retirement on hold, and will continue in the peloton next season. According to the French cycling federation website, the rider has signed for one more year with the Astana team, of which he also has a management role. The 36 year old returned to competitive cycling in August 2009 after a two year ban for blood doping. He had worked hard during his suspension and quickly got back up to speed, taking three time trial victories. The wins were in the Tour de l’Ain, the Asian cycling championships and the Chrono des Nations.
Link: Vinokourov postpones retirement, will race a further year with Astana

steve said:
One more year for Vinokourov at Astana
Kazakh rider committed to Astana for one more season.

I'm sure Vino will make it worth everyone's while. In interviews during the tour he indicated desire to stick around one more year and concentrate on one-day classics. Sounds like a sensible goal. He'll keep us on the edge of our seats.

oldbobcat said:
I'm sure Vino will make it worth everyone's while. In interviews during the tour he indicated desire to stick around one more year and concentrate on one-day classics. Sounds like a sensible goal. He'll keep us on the edge of our seats.

This is great news for bike fans. He is the king animator at the big races. I love his complete lack of restraint and pure aggression. Viva Vino!!!