One Of The Best Sights One Can Enjoy

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bill Wheeler, Feb 18, 2003.

  1. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    As some of you know, the mid-atlantic and upper east coast was hit by a very large snow storm.

    Also as some of you know the moon is just past full, you won't really notice a difference from
    full on 2/16.

    The light given off by this combination of fresh snow and a full moon phase is something that is
    absolutely phenomenal.

    We have a clear sky hear in MD tonight. Get out of bed between 12:00 am and 4:00 am and enjoy
    the sight.

    It's especially good if you live away from all city lights in a wooded area.

    :-]

    Tags:

  2. Bill Wheeler wrote:
    > As some of you know, the mid-atlantic and upper east coast was hit by a very large snow storm.
    >
    > Also as some of you know the moon is just past full, you won't really notice a difference from
    > full on 2/16.
    >
    > The light given off by this combination of fresh snow and a full moon phase is something that is
    > absolutely phenomenal.
    >
    > We have a clear sky hear in MD tonight. Get out of bed between 12:00 am and 4:00 am and enjoy
    > the sight.
    >
    > It's especially good if you live away from all city lights in a wooded area.
    >

    > Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
    > mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    > :-]

    I'm glad that there are still people in the world who enjoy this sort of thing.

    Thanks,

    My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

  3. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:02:36 -0500, Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:

    >As some of you know, the mid-atlantic and upper east coast was hit by a very large snow storm.
    >
    >Also as some of you know the moon is just past full, you won't really notice a difference from
    >full on 2/16.
    >
    >The light given off by this combination of fresh snow and a full moon phase is something that is
    >absolutely phenomenal.
    >
    >We have a clear sky hear in MD tonight. Get out of bed between 12:00 am and 4:00 am and enjoy
    >the sight.
    >
    >It's especially good if you live away from all city lights in a wooded area.
    >

    >Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
    >mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    >:-]

    I was noticing the moon on my ride home from work today, and thought what a good night for a ride by
    moonlight. But then I'm not really interested at braving the cold after working 11 hrs....

    tomorrow morning b-4 work is a different story though...

    I live 45 miles south of Atlanta....no big city lights near my hood....the stars are always an
    intense sight at my place. With or without the telescope.

    Dave

  4. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > As some of you know, the mid-atlantic and upper east coast was hit by a very large snow storm.
    >
    > Also as some of you know the moon is just past full, you won't really notice a difference from
    > full on 2/16.
    >
    > The light given off by this combination of fresh snow and a full moon phase is something that is
    > absolutely phenomenal.
    >
    > We have a clear sky hear in MD tonight. Get out of bed between 12:00 am and 4:00 am and enjoy
    > the sight.
    >
    > It's especially good if you live away from all city lights in a wooded area.
    >

    > Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
    > mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    > :-]

    Good call. I always like a full moon and in the winter it's twice as bright. I've spent many-a-moon
    out skiing into the night with my friends. Good stuff indeed.

    Matt

  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    > We have a clear sky hear in MD tonight. Get out of bed between 12:00 am and 4:00 am and enjoy
    > the sight.
    >
    > It's especially good if you live away from all city lights in a wooded area.

    I just got home from work, home being Kent Island, and saw what you were. Very nice to be home, not
    working, eating, and (yeeha) college is still cancelled for tomorrow.

    Though I must admit, I ws waiting for your post to, at any second, turn into:

    "Yes I love the moon, all sparkly like the single sprocket on the back of my fully rigid...one
    moon, one speed."

    Nice post.

    Chris

  6. "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > As some of you know, the mid-atlantic and upper east coast was hit by a very large snow storm.
    >
    > Also as some of you know the moon is just past full, you won't really notice a difference from
    > full on 2/16.
    >
    > The light given off by this combination of fresh snow and a full moon phase is something that is
    > absolutely phenomenal.
    >
    > We have a clear sky hear in MD tonight. Get out of bed between 12:00 am and 4:00 am and enjoy
    > the sight.
    >
    > It's especially good if you live away from all city lights in a wooded area.
    >

    > Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
    > mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    > :-]
    Very cool. A buddy and I started moonlight snowshoes, hikes, bikes ... every full moon. Always fun
    and extra bright when there is snow on the ground.
    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado