One Of The Best Sights One Can Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Wheeler

As some of you know, the mid-atlantic and upper east coast was hit by a very large snow storm.

Also as some of you know the moon is just past full, you won't really notice a difference from
full on 2/16.

The light given off by this combination of fresh snow and a full moon phase is something that is
absolutely phenomenal.

We have a clear sky hear in MD tonight. Get out of bed between 12:00 am and 4:00 am and enjoy
the sight.

It's especially good if you live away from all city lights in a wooded area.

Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

Bill Wheeler wrote:
> As some of you know, the mid-atlantic and upper east coast was hit by a very large snow storm.
>
> Also as some of you know the moon is just past full, you won't really notice a difference from
> full on 2/16.
>
> The light given off by this combination of fresh snow and a full moon phase is something that is
> absolutely phenomenal.
>
> We have a clear sky hear in MD tonight. Get out of bed between 12:00 am and 4:00 am and enjoy
> the sight.
>
> It's especially good if you live away from all city lights in a wooded area.
>
>
> Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
> mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> :-]

I'm glad that there are still people in the world who enjoy this sort of thing.

Thanks,

A
--
My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:02:36 -0500, Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:

>As some of you know, the mid-atlantic and upper east coast was hit by a very large snow storm.
>
>Also as some of you know the moon is just past full, you won't really notice a difference from
>full on 2/16.
>
>The light given off by this combination of fresh snow and a full moon phase is something that is
>absolutely phenomenal.
>
>We have a clear sky hear in MD tonight. Get out of bed between 12:00 am and 4:00 am and enjoy
>the sight.
>
>It's especially good if you live away from all city lights in a wooded area.
>
>
>Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
>mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
>:-]

I was noticing the moon on my ride home from work today, and thought what a good night for a ride by
moonlight. But then I'm not really interested at braving the cold after working 11 hrs....

tomorrow morning b-4 work is a different story though...

I live 45 miles south of Atlanta....no big city lights near my hood....the stars are always an
intense sight at my place. With or without the telescope.

Dave

"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> As some of you know, the mid-atlantic and upper east coast was hit by a very large snow storm.
>
> Also as some of you know the moon is just past full, you won't really notice a difference from
> full on 2/16.
>
> The light given off by this combination of fresh snow and a full moon phase is something that is
> absolutely phenomenal.
>
> We have a clear sky hear in MD tonight. Get out of bed between 12:00 am and 4:00 am and enjoy
> the sight.
>
>
>
> Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the

Good call. I always like a full moon and in the winter it's twice as bright. I've spent many-a-moon
out skiing into the night with my friends. Good stuff indeed.

Matt

> the sight.
>

I just got home from work, home being Kent Island, and saw what you were. Very nice to be home, not
working, eating, and (yeeha) college is still cancelled for tomorrow.

Though I must admit, I ws waiting for your post to, at any second, turn into:

"Yes I love the moon, all sparkly like the single sprocket on the back of my fully rigid...one
moon, one speed."

Nice post.

Chris

"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> full on 2/16.
>
> absolutely phenomenal.
>
> the sight.
>
>
>
Very cool. A buddy and I started moonlight snowshoes, hikes, bikes ... every full moon. Always fun
and extra bright when there is snow on the ground.
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.