"One of the most appealing phallic symbols ever ridden by man"

Stewart Fleming

Guest
No, not a Colnago.

<http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/vehicles/index.php#aprilia-magnet-trike-concept-030967>

I like the sound of hubless wheels. Takes out the "pump through the
spokes" trick in criteriums...

Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > No, not a Colnago.

<http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/vehicles/index.php#aprilia-magnet-trik
> > e-concept-030967>
> >
> > I like the sound of hubless wheels. Takes out the "pump through

the
> > spokes" trick in criteriums...

> Maybe that explains why Aprilia had to abandon their MotoGP

project for
> lack of money.
>
> --
> tanx,
> Howard

Hi Howard
When did that happen? I must have missed it. Last stuff I saw was from
Jerez testing at the end of Oct. and things seemed to be going ok. I
really haven't been paying much attention these days.
Bill C

In article <[email protected]>,
"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:

> > Maybe that explains why Aprilia had to abandon their MotoGP

> project for
> > lack of money.

> Hi Howard
> When did that happen? I must have missed it. Last stuff I saw was from
> Jerez testing at the end of Oct. and things seemed to be going ok. I
> really haven't been paying much attention these days.
> Bill C

After Piaggio bought out the controlling interest in Aprilia (sometime
in November, I believe), the new owners decided that the MotoGP project was
too much of a money pit, so they axed it. As of now, Aprilia still has the
two slots allotted them by the FIM, but haven't signed any riders. I'd
heard they were possibly going to farm the project out to a "privateer"
team. They didn't go to the Sepang tests that just concluded.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s180/st62223.htm

Here's the provisional start list for '05:

http://www.mcnews.com.au/motorcycleracing2005/motogp/entry_prov_dec.htm

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Thanks Howard
I really thought they were going to be competitive. I really like some
of their bikes but lack of dealers is killing them here. We lost our
Triumph dealers in the area when Indian went out. They were doing
pretty well here and sales had increased every year. It really looked
good, then the plug got pulled and they decided not to try to make it
go on Triumph alone. They had been making a small profit but the
accountant types shut them down. That's part of the problem when it's
just an extension of a much larger car business. The guys actually
running things wanted to keep going and grab another brand or two, but
they lost the argument unfortunately.
Bill C