One of Those Days

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by JD, Mar 11, 2005.

  1. JD

    JD Guest

    Ever have one of those days where your legs feel like two lead ingots?
    I had one of those days yesterday and it was a grind. At least when I
    turned around to head back down the hill, they handled the isometric
    better and made that part enjoyable. The pains we endure to make it
    above the smog-line...

    JD burning eyes and lungs

    Tags:

  2. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    JD wrote:
    > Ever have one of those days where your legs feel like two lead ingots?
    > I had one of those days yesterday and it was a grind. At least when I
    > turned around to head back down the hill, they handled the isometric
    > better and made that part enjoyable. The pains we endure to make it
    > above the smog-line...
    >
    > JD burning eyes and lungs

    Wow! Is the smog really that bad already? I was looking forward to my
    Anaheim visit (although bikeless) next month.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  3. Slack

    Slack Guest

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:50:29 -0800, Ride-A-Lot
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > JD wrote:
    >> Ever have one of those days where your legs feel like two lead ingots?
    >> I had one of those days yesterday and it was a grind. At least when I
    >> turned around to head back down the hill, they handled the isometric
    >> better and made that part enjoyable. The pains we endure to make it
    >> above the smog-line...
    >> JD burning eyes and lungs
    >>

    > Wow! Is the smog really that bad already? I was looking forward to my
    > Anaheim visit (although bikeless) next month.
    >
    > --o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o

    Already???
    --
    Slack

  4. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Slack wrote:
    > On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:50:29 -0800, Ride-A-Lot
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> JD wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ever have one of those days where your legs feel like two lead ingots?
    >>> I had one of those days yesterday and it was a grind. At least when I
    >>> turned around to head back down the hill, they handled the isometric
    >>> better and made that part enjoyable. The pains we endure to make it
    >>> above the smog-line...
    >>> JD burning eyes and lungs
    >>>

    >> Wow! Is the smog really that bad already? I was looking forward to
    >> my Anaheim visit (although bikeless) next month.
    >>
    >> --o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o

    > Already???

    Well, I thought it wasn't as bad in the winter and with all the rain
    you've had it would keep it clean for a while.

    Guess not?

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  5. small change

    small change Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > Slack wrote:
    >> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:50:29 -0800, Ride-A-Lot
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>> Wow! Is the smog really that bad already? I was looking forward to
    >>> my Anaheim visit (although bikeless) next month.
    >>>
    >>> --o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o

    >> Already???

    > Well, I thought it wasn't as bad in the winter and with all the rain
    > you've had it would keep it clean for a while.
    >
    > Guess not?

    bwahahaha, there is no such thing as clean rain washed air down there, not
    for more than about 5 minutes.

    small change

  6. JD

    JD Guest

    small change wrote:
    > Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > > Slack wrote:

    At

    > >> Already???

    > > Well, I thought it wasn't as bad in the winter and with all the

    rain
    > > you've had it would keep it clean for a while.
    > >
    > > Guess not?

    > bwahahaha, there is no such thing as clean rain washed air down

    there, not
    > for more than about 5 minutes.
    >
    > small change

    Unless we get some Santa Anas, it's normally pretty poor. However, the
    AQMD has done a pretty decent job bcause you can see the mountains more
    often than you could in the 70's.

    JD rode without lead legs all weekend