One of those days...

jpr95

Oct 11, 2010
No, it wasn't mechanical problems. It was me.

That was one of my worst rides in a long time. I know I probably didn't pre-hydrate as much as I should have, but the whole ride I took today I felt like I was running the ragged edge of puking. It was hotter than I'm used to (I don't usually have time to ride in the summer, and I haven't been outside this summer much, so I'm not as used to the heat as I usually am), but right out of the gate I didn't feel good and didn't really get any better. I normally feel a little funky the first 15-20 min of a ride (double that if it's cold out), but the whole ride today I was wondering if I was about to toss my pancakes and sausage. My legs felt fine, lungs and heart rate seemed normal, just the stomach was protesting.

I got home at lunchtime and skipped lunch, even. Of course, now I'm hungry, so I had a protein bar and am drinking a beer.

davereo

Jun 17, 2010
You never know. Some days I go out for a ride and feel like I am Cadel. Ocassionally I feel like a Sumo Wrestler. Go figure.

Moto700

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah, there some days that I look at my bike and think "Not again!". Not a good attitude being a commuter but I get on and get going anyway. Hopefully what you experienced was a transient GI thing. This too will pass,one way or another.

Waxhaw403

Oct 2, 2011
On a three week period of "Not again". Tomorrow will get back on for a short ride of 14 miles.