one of those funny contrasts

Marlene Blanshay

Guest
Today our local paper had two photos on the front page. The top half of the
page had a story about Lance with a photo of him doing a TT. The story on
the bottom half was about golf, and had a photo of John Daly taking a swing.

I think it's so funny how we read those articles every year about how
cyclists aren't REALLY athletes, and then one has to look at this photo of
John Daly with his huge, Falstaffian stomach billowing out over his pants.
Like he'd be able to ride a bike up Mont Ventoux! Hey, next time we joke
about Jan, take a look at this guy!

[email protected] (chiefhiawatha) wrote in message news:

> Don't make fun of that guy. He suffers from Dunlop's disease.

Isn't that "Dunlap's"

DR

"Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Today our local paper had two photos on the front page. The top half of

the
> page had a story about Lance with a photo of him doing a TT. The story on
> the bottom half was about golf, and had a photo of John Daly taking a

swing.

> I think it's so funny how we read those articles every year about how
> cyclists aren't REALLY athletes, and then one has to look at this photo of
> John Daly with his huge, Falstaffian stomach billowing out over his pants.
> Like he'd be able to ride a bike up Mont Ventoux! Hey, next time we joke
> about Jan, take a look at this guy!

He probably can't ride his bike up his driveway.

Dave

"Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote...
> Today our local paper had two photos on the front page. The top half of the
> page had a story about Lance with a photo of him doing a TT. The story on
> the bottom half was about golf, and had a photo of John Daly taking a swing.
> I think it's so funny how we read those articles every year about how
> cyclists aren't REALLY athletes, and then one has to look at this photo of
> John Daly with his huge, Falstaffian stomach billowing out over his pants.
> Like he'd be able to ride a bike up Mont Ventoux! Hey, next time we joke
> about Jan, take a look at this guy!

ESPN also covered LIVE the Nathan's Hotdog eating contest.
ESPN also covers Poker and chess.

Just because it's in the Sports pages does not make it (athletic) Sports.

-Ken

K. J. Papai wrote:

> "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote...
>
>>Today our local paper had two photos on the front page. The top half of the
>>page had a story about Lance with a photo of him doing a TT. The story on
>>the bottom half was about golf, and had a photo of John Daly taking a swing.
>>I think it's so funny how we read those articles every year about how
>>cyclists aren't REALLY athletes, and then one has to look at this photo of
>>John Daly with his huge, Falstaffian stomach billowing out over his pants.
>>Like he'd be able to ride a bike up Mont Ventoux! Hey, next time we joke
>>about Jan, take a look at this guy!

> ESPN also covered LIVE the Nathan's Hotdog eating contest.
> ESPN also covers Poker and chess.
>
> Just because it's in the Sports pages does not make it (athletic) Sports.
>
> -Ken

In "Dodgeball" the tournament was covered by ESPN-8--"The big OCHO!"

Steve

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> K. J. Papai wrote:
>
> > "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote...
> >
> >>Today our local paper had two photos on the front page. The top half of the
> >>page had a story about Lance with a photo of him doing a TT. The story on
> >>the bottom half was about golf, and had a photo of John Daly taking a swing.
> >>I think it's so funny how we read those articles every year about how
> >>cyclists aren't REALLY athletes, and then one has to look at this photo of
> >>John Daly with his huge, Falstaffian stomach billowing out over his pants.
> >>Like he'd be able to ride a bike up Mont Ventoux! Hey, next time we joke
> >>about Jan, take a look at this guy!

> > ESPN also covered LIVE the Nathan's Hotdog eating contest.
> > ESPN also covers Poker and chess.
> >
> > Just because it's in the Sports pages does not make it (athletic) Sports.
> >
> > -Ken

> In "Dodgeball" the tournament was covered by ESPN-8--"The big OCHO!"
> Steve

You have to be athletic to be good in DODGEBALL.

LOL!

-Ken