one of those funny contrasts

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Marlene Blanshay, Jul 3, 2004.

  1. Today our local paper had two photos on the front page. The top half of the
    page had a story about Lance with a photo of him doing a TT. The story on
    the bottom half was about golf, and had a photo of John Daly taking a swing.

    I think it's so funny how we read those articles every year about how
    cyclists aren't REALLY athletes, and then one has to look at this photo of
    John Daly with his huge, Falstaffian stomach billowing out over his pants.
    Like he'd be able to ride a bike up Mont Ventoux! Hey, next time we joke
    about Jan, take a look at this guy!

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, "Marlene Blanshay"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > John Daly with his huge, Falstaffian stomach billowing out over his pants.

    Don't make fun of that guy. He suffers from Dunlop's disease.

  3. DirtRoadie

    DirtRoadie Guest

    [email protected] (chiefhiawatha) wrote in message news:

    > Don't make fun of that guy. He suffers from Dunlop's disease.

    Isn't that "Dunlap's"

    DR

  4. Pistof

    Pistof Guest

    "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Today our local paper had two photos on the front page. The top half of

    the
    > page had a story about Lance with a photo of him doing a TT. The story on
    > the bottom half was about golf, and had a photo of John Daly taking a

    swing.

    > I think it's so funny how we read those articles every year about how
    > cyclists aren't REALLY athletes, and then one has to look at this photo of
    > John Daly with his huge, Falstaffian stomach billowing out over his pants.
    > Like he'd be able to ride a bike up Mont Ventoux! Hey, next time we joke
    > about Jan, take a look at this guy!

    He probably can't ride his bike up his driveway.

    Dave

  5. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote...
    > Today our local paper had two photos on the front page. The top half of the
    > page had a story about Lance with a photo of him doing a TT. The story on
    > the bottom half was about golf, and had a photo of John Daly taking a swing.
    > I think it's so funny how we read those articles every year about how
    > cyclists aren't REALLY athletes, and then one has to look at this photo of
    > John Daly with his huge, Falstaffian stomach billowing out over his pants.
    > Like he'd be able to ride a bike up Mont Ventoux! Hey, next time we joke
    > about Jan, take a look at this guy!

    ESPN also covered LIVE the Nathan's Hotdog eating contest.
    ESPN also covers Poker and chess.

    Just because it's in the Sports pages does not make it (athletic) Sports.

    -Ken

  6. K. J. Papai wrote:

    > "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote...
    >
    >>Today our local paper had two photos on the front page. The top half of the
    >>page had a story about Lance with a photo of him doing a TT. The story on
    >>the bottom half was about golf, and had a photo of John Daly taking a swing.
    >>I think it's so funny how we read those articles every year about how
    >>cyclists aren't REALLY athletes, and then one has to look at this photo of
    >>John Daly with his huge, Falstaffian stomach billowing out over his pants.
    >>Like he'd be able to ride a bike up Mont Ventoux! Hey, next time we joke
    >>about Jan, take a look at this guy!

    > ESPN also covered LIVE the Nathan's Hotdog eating contest.
    > ESPN also covers Poker and chess.
    >
    > Just because it's in the Sports pages does not make it (athletic) Sports.
    >
    > -Ken

    In "Dodgeball" the tournament was covered by ESPN-8--"The big OCHO!"

    Steve

  7. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > K. J. Papai wrote:
    >
    > > "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote...
    > >
    > >>Today our local paper had two photos on the front page. The top half of the
    > >>page had a story about Lance with a photo of him doing a TT. The story on
    > >>the bottom half was about golf, and had a photo of John Daly taking a swing.
    > >>I think it's so funny how we read those articles every year about how
    > >>cyclists aren't REALLY athletes, and then one has to look at this photo of
    > >>John Daly with his huge, Falstaffian stomach billowing out over his pants.
    > >>Like he'd be able to ride a bike up Mont Ventoux! Hey, next time we joke
    > >>about Jan, take a look at this guy!

    > > ESPN also covered LIVE the Nathan's Hotdog eating contest.
    > > ESPN also covers Poker and chess.
    > >
    > > Just because it's in the Sports pages does not make it (athletic) Sports.
    > >
    > > -Ken

    > In "Dodgeball" the tournament was covered by ESPN-8--"The big OCHO!"
    > Steve

    You have to be athletic to be good in DODGEBALL.

    LOL!

    -Ken