ONE PAIR USED ALL-WOOD-SOLED DETTO PIETRO CYCLING SHOES FOR SALE $50 obo includes shipping to you i

One pair used all-wood-soled, Detto Pietro cycling shoes for sale: $50
obo includes shipping to you in lower 48. Description below taken from
discussion of the shoes on another mailing list:

--- Joe Starck <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

> sad look of these shoes -- because the leather
> doesn't
> stand up sittin' in the closet -- once they were on
> my
> feet they came alive. Thanks for the info.
> -Joe Starck
>
> > Best to
> > not have wide feet
> > though, as these all run pretty narrow. My former
> > tandem stoker used a NOS
> > pair of the leather outter / wood inner soled

> track
> > shoes for many miles and
> > found them very comfortable -- though I did remove
> > the slotted cleat so she
> > could sort of walk around. IN NOS condition the
> > full polished wood soled
> > track shoes would probably fetch a good price on
> > eBay...

> > Joe Starck <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > I couldn't find any pics of these shoes anywhere

> on
> > the net, and so I have no idea if these are
> > desirable
> > for collectors or not; maybe someone can post a

> pic
> > or
> > tell me what these shoes generally sell for. The
> > black leather, faded, and extra-faded where you'd
> > expect it, is all intact. The wood is dark-blonde
> > colored with detto #78 cleats; "Yellow Jersey" has
> > these same cleats pictured in their "classic

> cleats"
> > website section. Thin leather uppers with little
> > diamond perforations throughout. There's a

> one-inch
> > wide strip of grey leather up the heel backside.
> > The
> > leather on these shoes are of a thinnness such

> that
> > it
> > all pretty much lays down flat atop the soles, but
> > did
> > these uppers ever stand upright when new? (dunno,
> > myself) There's a 1.25in by 3.5in leather strip
> > "DETTO" logo sewn on one side of each shoe; these
> > letters are upper case, and the larger "D" and "O"
> > ahve centers colored in blue with a lowercase "dp"
> > centered in the "O" and a lowercase "dettopietro"
> > circling the inside of the "O" from six to noon.
> > These labels are scuffed. There's a small
> > green/white/red lowercase "detto" label tab near

> the
> > laces on each shoe. I've typed all this

> description
> > not because I'm trying to hype a sale here but so
> > that
> > maybe someone can recognize these shoes and tell

> me
> > what they are, maybe model no. and year of
> > manufacture
> > and whatnot. There's no size no. on them but they
> > fit
> > me, a 9ish, 42ish. So, if someone wants them make
> > me
> > an offer. The way the leather lays flat, and

> being
> > old and used, they have a pathetic look to them;

"I have a pair of these that I still wear. The limp condition of the
leather is an indication of excellent condition. Mine used to be this
way, but now they have dried out a bit and are a bit stiffer, and
almost retain their shape when removed." -anon. bikelist member

[email protected] wrote:
> One pair used all-wood-soled, Detto Pietro cycling shoes for sale: $50
> obo includes shipping to you in lower 48. Description below taken from
> discussion of the shoes on another mailing list:

Size???