One spot left for USPS

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Brian Roth, Jun 17, 2003.

  1. Brian Roth

    Brian Roth Guest

    From Cyclingnews:

    After announcing the short list of candidates for the Tour, directeur sportif Johan Bruyneel has
    narrowed his selection and confirmed the presence of seven riders in addition to team leader Lance
    Armstrong: Beltran, Ekimov, Heras, Hincapie, Padrnos, Peña, and Rubiera. With one spot remaining,
    the choice will likely be between Floyd Landis, Guennadi Mikhailov, and Benoît Joachim.

    Tags:

  2. Lindsay

    Lindsay Guest

    On 17 Jun 2003 08:29:05 -0700, [email protected] (brian roth) wrote:

    >From Cyclingnews:
    >
    >After announcing the short list of candidates for the Tour, directeur sportif Johan Bruyneel has
    >narrowed his selection and confirmed the presence of seven riders in addition to team leader Lance
    >Armstrong: Beltran, Ekimov, Heras, Hincapie, Padrnos, Peña, and Rubiera. With one spot remaining,
    >the choice will likely be between Floyd Landis, Guennadi Mikhailov, and Benoît Joachim.

    Why no Vande Velde? He's a great guy, so what if he falls down in the Team TT!!

    I'd take Landis.

    Lindsay
    ----------------------------
    "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
    difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
    remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."

    P.J. O'Rourke

  3. Bensharp13

    Bensharp13 Guest

    i spoke to christian at philly...he seemed to think chances were slim for him...catalunya was going
    to be the final selection.

    benjamin

  4. Lindsay

    Lindsay Guest

    On 17 Jun 2003 16:16:46 GMT, [email protected] (Bensharp13) wrote:

    >i spoke to christian at philly...he seemed to think chances were slim for him...catalunya was going
    >to be the final selection.

    If he thinks his chances are slim there's not much chance of him making it.

    I bought the bike he rode in the '99 TdF from Trek. It's a great ride.

    Lindsay
    ----------------------------
    "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
    difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
    remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."

    P.J. O'Rourke

  5. I bet you feel fast now....Do you wear full USPS kit while riding this bike....

    "Lindsay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 17 Jun 2003 16:16:46 GMT, [email protected] (Bensharp13) wrote:
    >

    > >i spoke to christian at philly...he seemed to think chances were slim for him...catalunya was
    > >going to be the final selection.
    >
    > If he thinks his chances are slim there's not much chance of him making it.
    >
    > I bought the bike he rode in the '99 TdF from Trek. It's a great ride.
    >
    > Lindsay
    > ----------------------------
    > "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
    > difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
    > remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."
    >
    > P.J. O'Rourke

  6. Lindsay

    Lindsay Guest

    On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:18:06 -0400, "Matthew Warner" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I bet you feel fast now....Do you wear full USPS kit while riding this bike....

    NO!!! I have a USPS jersey but only wear it when I'm on my mtn bike or my old Specialized. It would
    be way too geeky to be seen in a full USPS kit. I usually wear a Fat Tire Ale jersey.

    Lindsay

  7. On 17 Jun 2003 08:29:05 -0700, [email protected] (brian roth) wrote:

    >From Cyclingnews:
    >
    >After announcing the short list of candidates for the Tour, directeur sportif Johan Bruyneel has
    >narrowed his selection and confirmed the presence of seven riders in addition to team leader Lance
    >Armstrong: Beltran, Ekimov, Heras, Hincapie, Padrnos, Peña, and Rubiera. With one spot remaining...
    ...the chief weakness is recognised to be a front-line sprinter. Bruyneel has been in Italy
    negotiating with just such a man, one whose team was so unfortunate to miss out on Tour selection...

    ....sorry, day-dreaming!

    Regards! Stephen