One step closer to a helmet cam

On Sun, 18 May 2003 22:41:47 +0200, bomba wrote:

> White shirts are a bit 'schoolboy', but you can definitely go with something pale.

Schoolboys don't wear white shirts in the US (they wear grunge). I always found a high-quality (and
yes, that's a fine cotton) white shirts to look the best. IIRC, that's what I've worn to the last
two interviews I've had (and got offers both times).

Its funny being in the high-tech sector; the only guys walking around in suits are salepeople and
interviewees.

> In article <[email protected]>, slacker7 @sbcglobal.net says...
> >

> > > Dude, have somebody teach you to tie a tie. It ain't hard, you just
need to
> > > learn.
> > >
> > > Also, a decent suit doesn't have to be too expensive. I got one for
$100
> > > that's surprisingly good, and tailoring was only 10 bux or so. And
I'm NOT
> > > an easy guy to fit! Look in the discount suit places, they'll have something in your budget
> > > that will fit.
> > >
> > > Jon Bond
> >

> > http://www.bizweb.com/tie/
> > --
> > Slacker
> >

> I had no idea there was so many ways to tie a tie. thanks, i have it bookmarked. apparently the
> one my father taught me was the "Half-Windsor Knot", though i may try the "Four-In-Hand Knot" as
> it looks like a more narrow knot. I suppose now that i am unemployed i should have plenty of time
> to practice knots. i know of a couple good shirt that have a collar that fits fairly well (though
> a little tight for longer than an interview use). I remember an uncle of mine told me that a cheap
> shirt will not fit with a tie comfortably (as is the case with my wallies shirts), but a good
> shirt can be worn all day without having to loosen the tie any. It's all good knowledge to know.
> while i may become an airplane mechanic (waiting to receive info still), i may retire from that
> and be an airplane inspector.

Had a room mate that was an airplane mechanic. He was dead bored of it after a few years. He'd
complain that it was all by the book. You found a fault, looked up the standard fix in the manual,
and the paper work took twice as long as any repair. It had to be, didn't it? Corrosion on the wing
here, fixed according to repair procedures Corrosion Welding on page 112 Repair Manual D. He always
reckoned that if you could weld half decently then you could pick up a job as an aircraft mechanic
fairly easily. Damn good money though.
--
Westie

BB wrote:

>>White shirts are a bit 'schoolboy', but you can definitely go with something pale.
>

> Schoolboys don't wear white shirts in the US (they wear grunge). I always found a high-quality
> (and yes, that's a fine cotton) white shirts to look the best. IIRC, that's what I've worn to the
> last two interviews I've had (and got offers both times).

Fair enough. Maybe it's the fact that I wore white shirts every school day from the age of 5 to 18
that's put me off.

> Its funny being in the high-tech sector; the only guys walking around in suits are salepeople and
> interviewees.

True. I've not had to wear a suit for the last four years.

bomba thoughtfully penned:
> Penny S. wrote:
>
>> oohh, Bomba goes GQ.... we had **no ** idea.
>
> Well, the subject of sartorial elegance doesn't often arise here...
>
>> Now you just have to do something with that hair...
>
> I have a booking with my stylist next week, darling.
>
>> <gdr...>
>
> German Democratic Republic?

grinning, ducking and running.... you should know that...

Penny

Penny S. wrote:

>>><gdr...>
>>
>>German Democratic Republic?
>

> grinning, ducking and running.... you should know that...

Should have done. Didn't.