One thing i hate about cyclists.

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
Their false sense of machismo because they are smaller in size. Had a run in with some dipstick this weekend.

Riding along holding a pace my wife can handle seeing that she has not been on the bike much lately. Her brother has been in the hospital and passed away a couple weeks back. So we are rolling along about 16 mph, taking it easy as it is hot too, 98 degrees.

At one point we are rolling up on a guy wearing headphones. He's moving left to right and so on. I shout out from 10 yards back hoping not to startle him. No response and I can tell he doesn't know we are coming up the way he is all over the road. So I ring my bell, no acknowledgement.

Oh brother, so I watch him, slow a bit and try to pass when he's toward the right. Sure enough he swerves left as I am passing. He looks at me startled and I point at my bell, didn't say a word but just to let him know I called out and was even ringing my bell.

Now just as i point at my bell, he shouts, "WTF DID YOU SAY CHUBBY?!" :eek:

Oh you stupid MOFO! :mad:

I speed up, dismount and stand in front of him as he approaches. Pretty much forced him to stop. I screamed in his face, " INSULT ME NOW, IN FRONT OF MY WIFE AGAIN YOU MOFO!". :mad:

Of course he wouldn't! Then he says that I said something to him. NO I didn't, my buddy steps up and verifies that I did not say a word. But that is besides the point now you stupid MOFO!

The dude is about 5'10 and 175 pounds, not exactly skinny himself as far as cyclist body types. But I keep screaming in his face daring him to insult me again!. I'm just about touching my nose to his screaming in his face HOPING he tries something. The beotch won't say anything now!

Then he tries to change to direction of the insult. Well I will race you to the coast into the headwind. DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT STUPID MOFO! I WANT YOU TO INSULT ME TO MY FACE, IN FRONT OF MY WIFE AGAIN, SEEING THAT YOU THINK YOU ARE MR. FIT CYCLIST EVENTHOUGH I DOUBT YOU COULD BEAT ME!!!

Then I told him the kind of beating I had in mind was breaking his jaw, picking him up then body slamming him into the ground!:mad:

Then he says, 'remember whatever you do to me, there are consequences!". That's right you stupid MOFO, whenever you run your stupid F'n mouth, there are consequences if the chubby guy can f you up!

I'm 6'1 and about 250 so I stood nose to nose with the guy and screamed in his face, "DO I LOOK CHUBBY NOW MOTHER F'ER?!". I know my shoulders were towering over him and know that I could snap the guy in half seeing that I was so ******!

As I was screaming in his face, a couple other cyclist rode by and looked much like they didn't want to get involved. So I told the guy, "look man, a chubby guy just made you look like a little beotch in front of other cyclists, what a wuss and you aren't even going to do anything about it, are you you little p#$$y!".

I wanted so bad to punch him in the jaw but Iooked up and saw an older gentleman watching the entire scene from a bank slightly above. He was grinning like he was enjoying the show. Seeing that he was a heavier guy with a larger belly, I bet he was really enjoying the show knowing that so many cyclsts out her have their heads up their asses when it comes to carrying extra weight. No, not even they are in the TDF! :rolleyes:

So at that point, I figure I can't knock the guy's ass out with a witness. Then the guy starts saying, well if you're going to do it then just do it!. Dude you big f'en p@##y, get the F out of here before I change my mind. If I do punch him and break his jaw, I would also pick him up and body slam him hoping he wouldn't remember anything but there is a witness.

So I tell him to shove off and he does quietly like a little punk ass beotch! :(

As he is riding off, the guy above is looking at him laughing and shaking his head at the guy! Wow, MR. Bad Ass Cyclist went from Mr. Big Mouth Fit Cyclist Man to a Mr. Wimpy hoping the chubby guy doesn't beat his ass in front of his wife! :p

Then I look the guy up on Strava figuring he would post his ride. I found him on the flybys. He did do an 80 mile ride in 7:40. Seems he is pretty proud of his ride and bending the facts a bit in his description.

But C'mon, the dude did 80 miles with 1,900 ft and proud of his ride with an elapsed time of 7:40

I did 100 miles with 10,000 ft with an elapsed time of 7:38.

I looked at some other segments that we have both ridden. I beat him on an 8 mile TT segment by 30 seconds.

Seems to me, this self appointed fit , thin, bad ass cyclist would get his ass kicked if he wanted to race me.

But really, the point is, even though you might think your're a bad ass on the bike because you weigh less, don't think riding a bike makes you so tough that a big chubby guy can't knock the F@#K out of you if you insult him, especially in front of his wife! :mad:

I'm usually a friendly guy and wave or not to all cyclists, beach cruiser, MTB's, roadies, what have you. But if some stuck on himself idiot insults me, I'm don't play nice!

Looking at Strava, I'm having a sheotty year but still I have 1,000 more miles than this guy, I have more than double his elevation gain this year and my biggest climb is 5 x more than his biggest climb.

I'm thinking this guy may be new to cycling and thinking because he got some new road shoes and a jersey so he thinks he's a bad ass who can beat anybody who outweighs him by 20 pounds. Idiot has a lot to learn!o_O

This is MR. Super Fit, yeah the guy my wife was passing at cruise speed! :D

....looking at his shoes, seems like a pretty crappy position! :p
asshole1.jpg
asshole2.jpg

So what if I am a little chubby, I'm sure I'd kick the guy's ass on the bike. But his big mistake was thinking that a chubby guy of 6'1 250 pounds would back down to his machismo. Well what he thought was macho till I sent him away like a little wimp! :p

Even my wife who never says much, said she was totally shocked that he said what he did. She said he probably didn't think I would say anything. That's OK, I shocked him back!

MY chubby self!

00000mall.jpg

I really don't know why cyclist think because they are built like a cyclist, that means they are much stronger on the bike.

I love this about Strava, finding arrogant asses who think they are bad ass till they see your stats on a ride.

This was a case where some guy was blocking the road. I said nice roadblock. He was stopped on the side of the road and went off with really foul language, in front of his wife. :eek:

So he starts shouting and doesn't stop as I ride by. I looked back, said F you a few times then continued on.

He was on a full TT bike. Of course I was expecting him to catch me. I was also expecting a few foul words. I kept my pace and to my surprise, when he caught me, no foul language. I was expecting more from the guy and ready for it.

I kept my pace then her rolled by and shouted," OK MR' TOUGH CYCLIST MAN,SHOW ME WHAT YOU HAVE ON THE BIKE!!!!". :eek:

I was doing 60 miles (17.7 average) at a pace and not sprinting. That would be foolish and why would I race some ass that is more than likely going to pull off when I catch him?

So he sprints away on his TT bike. I just watch and laugh. I swear not more than 1/8 of a mile later he fades. I see him bopping side to side struggling into the wind! :D

Oh sheot! I had to pick it up a bit! Maybe 1/2 mile an hour more.

I figure it took him 1/4 mile to catch me, 1/8 to sprint and he's fading????? I already had 40 miles in me and feeling good! :cool:

So I lift the pace just a little and right before I catch him, he turns off. :eek: :D

I rolled by shouting ,"dude, wtf was that? I have 40 and I'm not even fading like that? Nice sprint you one mile wonder!". :D :p:D He just shook his head as I rolled by.

Later when I got home, I looked on the flybys and saw he was there. I left a comment on his ride:

Dude, you're doing a short ride, challenge me then sprint off for a 1/8 of a mile, then turn off before I pass you? Seems you shouldn't be challenging riders that a re doing much longer rides than you. But that is ok cause I had a real good laugh when you faded and turned off before I passed you, not even trying ha ha ha!

Of course he deleted the comment right away as he has like 250 followers. I have 14! :D

But he was nice enough to return comments on my post. At least he realized he was out of line. Though he did come up with the classic, I had both knees replaced, I have grandkids, no liver, one eye, and one arm excuses! :p

I don't know why cyclists have to be such weenie heads! o_O

Capture.JPG

That guy looks a little chubby himself.
You - 250, Italian look, I wouldn't mess with you! And you were in the right, because wearing headphones is not a good idea, even on a bike trail. This stuff will happen, eventually.
Ha! I don't have this problem whatsoever, because I'm a few ticks shy of 1K and I've hardly passed a soul, even going the other way. Sunday am I rode 20 miles on a nice paved road until the first car passed me, so that's my bragging!

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
I agree Glen, he was at fault, why make a deal about it.

There was a time I didn't see another cyclist coming off the bridge on one of the turns. I did make the corrections but then I shouted SORRY figuring I may have startled him or thrown him for a scare. If you make a mistake, man up and make it right.

I agree, he doesn't quite look the Tour De France rider himself. :D

20 miles is great! You know 20 is actually the same as 40. Won't be long, you will be doing 100! :cool:

Really, you guys are old enough to know that "you can't fix stupid".
Public attempts at behaviour correction of adults has so poor chance of leading to anything else but anger - and who knows where that anger will lead - that it's simply not worth the effort/risk.
Unless it's outright dangerous, let it slide, stick to the ride.

Reactions: CAMPYBOB
All that adrenaline used up but as long as you enjoyed it I guess it was worth it. Mr. B. you got a hundred pounds on me but that doesn't count for ****. Prisoners at Auschwitz were really thin but I doubt they were good climbers.
This made me think of situations when people will offer me food. I use to say no thanks but I considered that maybe they thought I was saying, your food looks like s**t, so I started say , I am sorry I have to watch what I eat. My wife told me that this made me sound condescending since most of the population is heavier than me and I came off sounding " holier than thou". I then started saying , thank you but I have to take medication when I eat. This made me feel like an invalid. So I am back to saying ,no thank you, and they can read whatever they want into it.
I guess the bottom line is, there is always someone faster, smarter, meaner, richer and better looking. Excluding Campy Bob of course. :)

LOL!

Everyone is way faster, lots more wealthy, meaner and WAY better looking than me...but, it was Sam Colt that made all men equal. I do claim to be smart enough to use Campagnolo components! I'm certainly smart enough to not pick a MMA match with Mr. B.

We had a local badass in town for many years. Physically imposing. Loud. Reputation of a fighter and always trying to find one or start one. He moved to Texas and found a fight with a 9MM. He lost that one.

Mr. B., is Cali full of idiot cyclists or what? You're always running into the strange ones.

Reactions: Volnix
so I started say , I am sorry I have to watch what I eat.

Same here, I have to watch what I eat after learning I was type 2 a couple years ago through a routine physical.

I was offered the choice by my doctor to take meds or watch what I eat. I watch what I eat and avoid meds. Have dropped my A1C from 7.5 to 6.2 with no meds, all about eating the right food.

Most everybody that knows me knows this so I have no problem refusing food.

For over 2 years now, I have not had 1 french fry, no soda (I used to drink lots of diet soda). Absolutely no fast foods! All my food is prepared at home. Once in a while a decent restaurant with home cooked style. Non of that Applebee's, Red Robin, Chili's, type of junk food. o_O

2 years ago my A1C was high, my bp was borderline high and cholesterol was border line high.

Now A1C is good, cholesterol is good and BP was great the other day when I had it checked. :cool:

Mr. B., is Cali full of idiot cyclists or what? You're always running into the strange ones.

I have posted other stories of other riders on other forums in the past. Quite a few posters have said it must be a Cali thing! I beginning to think so! o_O

One of the stories was about one of my solo centuries. I did the century a month challenge on a forum and ended up with 23 centuries that year. :cool:

Well, 90 miles into a ride, some dude hopped on the road just ahead of me. I have a plan so I don't chase anyone. I catch the guy holding my pace and he speeds up and drops me. OK, I am not racing anyone and here we go again. I catch up again and he does the same. Within 2 or 3 miles, he finally can't stay ahead.

As I start to pass him, he says, "you're a strong rider". Thanks I say! He says he was trying to stay ahead of me but couldn't. I told the guy I was just out trying to finish my 100 miles. He looked at me and asked how far I was into my ride. I am at 93 miles now.

He said wow, I should be ashamed of myself, I can't even stay ahead of you and I just started. I told him that I ride a lot so that had something to do with it. I told him I was headed toward a 7,000 mile year (ended up with 7300).

He said wow, but if you ride so much, why are you still fat? :eek:

I let it go figuring the guy was ignorant! Maybe just started cycling and his new $6,000 (2005) bike made him say stupid things. :rolleyes: And yeah, it may be a California thing! ;)

100 solo miles, pretty flat 2,000 ft gain, ride time 5:45, and 30 minutes or rest, 6:15 total time. I think my average was about 17.5 ( don't have access to bikejournal any longer).

Guess I was kind of fat! :p

fat.JPG

Same here, I have to watch what I eat after learning I was type 2 a couple years ago through a routine physical.

I was offered the choice by my doctor to take meds or watch what I eat. I watch what I eat and avoid meds. Have dropped my A1C from 7.5 to 6.2 with no meds, all about eating the right food.

Most everybody that knows me knows this so I have no problem refusing food.

For over 2 years now, I have not had 1 french fry, no soda (I used to drink lots of diet soda). Absolutely no fast foods! All my food is prepared at home. Once in a while a decent restaurant with home cooked style. Non of that Applebee's, Red Robin, Chili's, type of junk food. o_O

2 years ago my A1C was high, my bp was borderline high and cholesterol was border line high.

Now A1C is good, cholesterol is good and BP was great the other day when I had it checked. :cool:

Watching what and how much I consume helps but being type I medication is necessary although a 3 month supply lasts me at least 6 months. My A1C ranges in the mid 5s. 5.6 or so. I get the old" how could you get diabetes being skinny and riding a bike all the time"? I started say ,just lucky I guess.
We eat at home most of the time also. It is our special time together every evening.

I think I told JH this story...

A couple three years ago I'm at a rest stop on a charity ride or some such. Some dude sits down on the ground behind me with his plate of food and a drink.

He reaches into his jersey and fishes out a blood test meter and checks himself. After reading the results he fishes around again and grabs a needle. He lifts his jersey up and shoot up in his stomach. Then gets down to biz working on his plate!

The guy didn't carry much excess body fat. Most folks would call him 'skinny'.

No logic to most of life's ailments and a lot of them pretty much suck.

I think I told JH this story...

A couple three years ago I'm at a rest stop on a charity ride or some such. Some dude sits down on the ground behind me with his plate of food and a drink.

He reaches into his jersey and fishes out a blood test meter and checks himself. After reading the results he fishes around again and grabs a needle. He lifts his jersey up and shoot up in his stomach. Then gets down to biz working on his plate!

The guy didn't carry much excess body fat. Most folks would call him 'skinny'.

No logic to most of life's ailments and a lot of them pretty much suck.

Exactly. I rode with a forum member from a local forum, nicest guy ever, good rider and you would never know he had a box hooked to his belly serving him insulin. Thinner than a rail! :eek:

It sounds to me like you have issues with controlling your anger.

You should seek help.

I just had to step into this wonderful thread once I became aware of it in the weekly most popular email. Especially now with my ass kicking 1990's mem-chanical keyboard.... Oh the trolling is so much smoooother... :D

It was a long shot, but it was worth it. and it does worth it.

I can see now why this thread was in the most popular.. Coz it f@ckin rules! :D

Well Ok mr Benz. You know I'm your buddy but you mein freund are not slim. Not even for a Greek. :D (do you get that alot? because you look kinda Greek.)

This doesn't mean that you are Chubby though.. You totally over reacted.. :D The guy was an asshole I agree but... it doesn't sound like anybody had a good time for a while after the incident you know. I get crashed by cars now and I just ride away... I don't even say hi. :D

But what really surprises me is how easily every body get startled with an uncalled for pass over there. If you even signal some one here when you over take he is gonna think that you are kinda cray.. might even get out of the path altogether. :D

My driving behavior etiquette is kinda Mad Max - ish.. :D

Would you say that the displayed driving behavior in this video would be... "Problematic" in California? :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I just had to step into this wonderful thread once I became aware of it in the weekly most popular email. Especially now with my ass kicking 1990's mem-chanical keyboard.... Oh the trolling is so much smoooother... :D

It was a long shot, but it was worth it. and it does worth it.

I can see now why this thread was in the most popular.. Coz it f@ckin rules! :D

Well Ok mr Benz. You know I'm your buddy but you mein freund are not slim. Not even for a Greek. :D (do you get that alot? because you look kinda Greek.)

This doesn't mean that you are Chubby though.. You totally over reacted.. :D The guy was an asshole I agree but... it doesn't sound like anybody had a good time for a while after the incident you know. I get crashed by cars now and I just ride away... I don't even say hi. :D

But what really surprises me is how easily every body get startled with an uncalled for pass over there. If you even signal some one here when you over take he is gonna think that you are kinda cray.. might even get out of the path altogether. :D

My driving behavior etiquette is kinda Mad Max - ish.. :D

Would you say that the displayed driving behavior in this video would be... "Problematic" in California? :D

My guess, the Russians are involved. I haven't trusted them since they attacked the Alamo and killed Daniel Boone.

"My guess, the Russians are involved. I haven't trusted them since they attacked the Alamo and killed Daniel Boone."

You know too much... ;) :D

"A little paranoia goes a long way" :D

dee5d9b054b022536c0d5cb87190454b--paranoid-quotes-best-quotes.jpg

It sounds to me like you have issues with controlling your anger.

You should seek help.

Ha! Seems to me guys like you ought to be thanking me. More than likely, the reason this a hole goes around insulting people is because he has encountered too many riders with wimpy personalities that were too afraid to react to his obnoxious insults.

Next time he decides to insult somebody, I bet he thinks twice about it. Your welcome! :cool:

Not even for a Greek. :D (do you get that alot? because you look kinda Greek.)

This doesn't mean that you are Chubby though.. You totally over reacted.. :D The guy was an asshole I agree but... it doesn't sound like anybody had a good time for a while after the incident you know.

Nope, I have been asked if I was middle eastern or even partial black (mostly women ask that one :D). But I am Mexican descent.

Actually we did have a good time after the incident. Had something to talk about and a good reason to laugh at some arrogant a hole that almost ****** his chamois when he found not everybody out thee is a wimp that would tolerate his obnoxious arrogant personality and insults.

You know really, if somebody insults me over something that was actually their fault (not being able to ride a straight line, not hearing my warnings, bell and vocals), I would feel like a wimp the rest of the week if I had not reacted to the a hole.

If I had acted like a wimp and let the guy insult me in front of my wife, put my tail between my legs like a little wuss, that would have bothered me a whole lot more than putting the guy in his place.

Nope, I have been asked if I was middle eastern or even partial black (mostly women ask that one :D). But I am Mexican descent.

Actually we did have a good time after the incident. Had something to talk about and a good reason to laugh at some arrogant a hole that almost ****** his chamois when he found not everybody out thee is a wimp that would tolerate his obnoxious arrogant personality and insults.

You know really, if somebody insults me over something that was actually their fault (not being able to ride a straight line, not hearing my warnings, bell and vocals), I would feel like a wimp the rest of the week if I had not reacted to the a hole.

If I had acted like a wimp and let the guy insult me in front of my wife, put my tail between my legs like a little wuss, that would have bothered me a whole lot more than putting the guy in his place.

If on the other hand...

Ok lets make a little break here... Im trying to smuggle some mexican pepper strains in Greece to cross with some of our own stuff that is starting to get a little rubbery... don't tell Campy coz hez kinda sensitive about that ****... he believes it was smith and emma watson that made people equal... or jesus... but not Cthulu!

Well on the other hand mein freund you still feel like **** and that;s what getting into stressful situations does to you...

Alot of guys died over trying to impress the ladies... :D

Random video: (damn this keyboard kicks some seat bag... :D )

YO OVERTAKE YO!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!! (You look Greek :D )

Oooooh and btw... Do you need... anything more... Mexican? :D

Last edited: