One Thing You Can't Help But Carry With You On A Bike

mayasupernova

Nov 17, 2015
Serbia
While cycling, what is that one thing that you just can't seem to be able to leave your house without?
It may be anything from a favourite pair of sneakers, to keys, amulets, to polka dots socks, to your own self. :D

For me, it is always my favourite bracelet, that I made myself. I put some creativity in it and I just carry it around everywhere I go, especially cycling. Well, at least when I used to cycle (recovering from broken leg now.. :unsure: ).

I am looking forward to your replies. :) :D

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
I live in Wisconsin where it gets cold during the late fall and winter. Lately I haven't been able to go riding without my jersey I bought in Maui a month ago. It reminds me of cycling in one of the most beautiful places on earth!

Reactions: mayasupernova
A camera Hellooooooo! :lol: I like to document all my rides on my blog!

112715L_zps9rfwbu5c.jpg

For me I always have to carry water with me when I go out on my bicycle. I live in South Texas and the heat here can be pretty extreme sometimes. Therefore, riding without enough water even for 20 minutes can be really hard. Sometimes I also carry my ipod but I think that my water bottle is much more important than listening to music.

It would have to be water, my watch, and my phone. I always bring these because they are important when I go out and ride and may come very handy when unexpected occurrences may happen. Water is to quench my thirst from riding. I always look at my watch to know the time, how fast I am going, and my guide to know if it is getting dark and almost night time that I need to get back home. Lastly, I always bring my phone in case of emergency, so I am able to contact my peers.

I almost always take my phone with me. Not only for the obvious but for also listening to music or documentaries and for checking on things that I want to keep an eye on.

I also like to take pictures and the phone has a pretty good camera on it so it makes a good alternative from lugging around my DSLR sized bridge camera.

Well, technically one should always have a pump and water bottle on their bike. I do carry those with me, but I keep them in my backpack. I like to keep my bike as light as possible and avoid getting these stolen when I need to park it somewhere in public. Otherwise, there's nothing I carry on my bike - its as barebones as they come.

One of the things I always bring with me when I go out to ride is my cellphone. I love taking photos and videos and later on sharing them with online friends but I do not want to bring a separate gadget for this purpose. My cellphone is enough to do all that.

Thank you for replying guys (and girls, if any).
I love how thougtful you are, and how much thought you put into this - I have to agree with you on carrying water and watch with me, along with a phone. It is important to be aware of the time of the day, since you do not really want to end up stranded at some place and the sun is getting down. Water is also an important asset, since you do not really know where you are going to end up, and if there is going to be either some store, or a well, or any source of water. Plus, dehydration is a very important thing to think about.
Oh, yes, and a phone! With a good camera, goes without question. I love taking photos, and I have to agree it is more than necessary to have a camera with you. It would be such a waste to see some lovely work on nature, and not take a shot of it, right?
Enjoy your cycling today.

Mr. Beanz said:
A camera Hellooooooo! :lol: I like to document all my rides on my blog!
Oh man, that's really cool. I checked out your blog and I have to ask - do you ride your bike every day? 'Cause that's awesome. I like your photos, it seems like there's some really neat mountainside where you can ride. It kinda sucks here in Europe because you can rarely go out for a longer ride and not stumble upon a town.

I'm probably going to be strung up by my ankles for saying this, but a pack of smokes. If I am mountain biking and get to a place with a gorgeous view, I love sitting down on a ledge and relaxing with a smoke. Help calm by nerves for the steep bumpy ride back lol

I would have to say a small backpack. That way I can take the necessary stuff with me like water, my phone etc. of course I'm usually in sneakers too because riding in flip flops is so uncomfortable.

Yeah sneakers are better for riding, without a doubt.
Racksuck/backpack is a great idea, I have a very girly one, pink with some flowers, and I love to carry it with me on the ride.

@igasmurfa, oh cigarettes .. hm, I do not smoke so I can't support you on this, but if it makes you happy and gives you pleasure, then go on friend. It is your body, after all.

Zhen25 said:
I would have to say a small backpack. That way I can take the necessary stuff with me like water, my phone etc. of course I'm usually in sneakers too because riding in flip flops is so uncomfortable.
I'm almost always in sneakers or trainers and they are my go to footware for whatever I'm doing, including cycling.

I always make sure to secure the laces though since an incident when I was a kid where they got caught around the pedal and I ended up falling over in a style what must have looked like something out of a loony toons cartoon :D