Onions!!

> Once & for all! Does the Bermuda onion no longer exist?? Or is the once called Bermuda,now a
> Spanish or Yellow, or was the Bermuda a variation of a Red onion?? If you now ask for a Bermuda at
> the store,a just get a blank look. Thanks!!........... Confused

I suspect that a Bermuda onion is just another strain of yellow onion. It's popularity probably came
into being with Bermuda shorts in the 50's. As someone suggested it is probably not as acrid as a
Spanish onion and not as sweet as Vidalia, Walla Walla, Texas Sweet, et.al.

As for purple or red onions I remember when they were a sweet onion, and could be eaten like an
apple (only when riding the north 40 by one's self). These days red onions I buy seem just as acrid
as regular yellow onions.

Katra <[email protected]> wrote:

> Uh, no, Bermuda onions are purple..... :) Hope that helps?
>
> K.

On what planet?

http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-
Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---