ONIX, GIANT, or SCOTT

bellafonte

Jul 7, 2003
[SIZE=6]Guys im about to plunge into the abyss of a new bike, I have narrowed the feild to these three bikes but would love to hear the views and experiance of others, if anyone has ridden one of these babies please let me know. Many thanks and all the best.

Which is the better bike and why?

Orbea: Onix- ultegra 10speed

Scott: CR1 Pro-ultegra 10speed

Giant: Composite 2-ultegra 10speed :
[/SIZE]

if the choice was between the scott and the giant i would choose the scott.
the giant tcr2 has a carbon fork with an aluminium steerer which is 100g heavier then the scott carbon fork. also the scott comes with a mavic wheelset (not sure) while the giant comes with shimano 550's, i know that i would rather has the mavic's.
i have no idea about the specs of the onix though

bellafonte said:
[SIZE=6]Guys im about to plunge into the abyss of a new bike, I have narrowed the feild to these three bikes but would love to hear the views and experiance of others, if anyone has ridden one of these babies please let me know. Many thanks and all the best.

Which is the better bike and why?

Orbea: Onix- ultegra 10speed

Scott: CR1 Pro-ultegra 10speed

Giant: Composite 2-ultegra 10speed :
[/SIZE]
In order of quality, Scott/Onix/Giant.

In independent machine stress tests, the Scott has been rated the lightest and strongest (for its weight) frame in the world, beating Cannondale, Trek, Principia, etc. Also, the head tubes on the Scott are nice and long, allowing you to raise your handlebar to a sensible level withou exposing dangerous amounts of steerer tube.

I ride a Bianchi Carbon XL.

F.

I considered buying new frame and if I bought new one, Scott was the choice. Unfortunately, now i have good frame and I'm not going to replace it for several years :)

Blasp said:
I considered buying new frame and if I bought new one, Scott was the choice. Unfortunately, now i have good frame and I'm not going to replace it for several years :)
Tks for the info guys.

Ive looked into all three a little more and the only prob is the cost difference, the giants about a 1000 ozy cheaper than the other two.

and the other thing is people keep telling me not to get caught up in the weight war, because a bike is lighter and stronger on a weight to strength ratio it doesnt mean it would outlast a heavyer frame, as in the onix, which is a 1.25 kilo frame, the scott is an 890 and the giant a 1350 including forks.

Im more interested in ride aspects and how whipy they are. But kkeep it comeing.