Online Bike Buying

I haven't bought there but from online auction. You should always check the seller's rating. The higher rating the more trusted the seller is and you will get product surely. In addition beware of the stolen bikes to not get in the trouble.

moneyman said:
I haven't bought there but from online auction. You should always check the seller's rating. The higher rating the more trusted the seller is and you will get product surely. In addition beware of the stolen bikes to not get in the trouble.
This is important with basically all online shopping. Lots of frauds out there, so be careful.

Unless you're already dead set, I recommend buying the bike from a business dedicated to it. My English betrays me here, but official bike shops, yes?

Actually I never did it and to be honest I would not feel comfortable doing it. Buying a specific part of acessory yes, but the whole bike I really don't see the need for it.

What I often do I virtual shop online for a bike, see what available and getba roughnestimate of the prices immgoing to be expecting to lay, and then visit the local dealers to see what they've got that can match it. While I know that shopping online is becoming more and more popular, I don't think I'd take the risk of buying something so important without at least seeing it in the flesh, so to speak.

I've been tempted to buy a bike online, but have never got round to it. I always worry about shipping and if I'll get the bike I actually ordered in one piece. I've only ever bothered to order dvds, cds and small electronic gadgets in the past. I don't even bother with cds and dvds anymore, as I prefer digital downloads instead. I just don't think that buying a bike online is anyone's preferred method of purchasing such an item.

You also often find that the bikes will come only partly made due to the limitations on shipping. Most require you to fit the handlebars, seat and pedals on at the very least, and I think for a lot of people that can be off putting because of your paying all that money for a bike, you want to know its been built to a professional standard and not only that, you might not even have the equipment to assemble the bike yourself either.

While I can see some bargains are to be had by shopping for bikes online, I just cannot see myself buying a bike a bike online. I mean buying a bike is something that is physical through the whole process if you understand what I'm saying.

Plus with buying in the shop I know what I am getting as I've seen it with my own eyes.

I've purchased four complete bikes online and two frames. Very satisfied with all but one of the complete bikes. Ended up giving it to my brother and he is enjoying riding the bike.

Buying just a frame online is probably a lot safer in that respect as that's the most solid part of a bicycle, and if your into building your own bikes then buying online would be an option.

A lot of people would rather just buy a complete bike to start with and then change and upgrade the parts as and when they see fit though, and that's why I still believe that shop buying is still the better option.

pwarbi said:
Buying just a frame online is probably a lot safer in that respect as that's the most solid part of a bicycle, and if your into building your own bikes then buying online would be an option.

A lot of people would rather just buy a complete bike to start with and then change and upgrade the parts as and when they see fit though, and that's why I still believe that shop buying is still the better option.
I'd agree a little with buying the frame but I still stand on what I feel and said earlier. I mean I just cannot get around the notion of buying something like a bike, without getting a physical feel for it first. I mean it's like buying a car without viewing it before-hand.

I'd much rather see a bike in person before I purchase it. I don't think I'd ever purchase one online.

I do not buy online. I prefer to see, touch and test any merchandise that I plan on buying. Plus I can ask all the questions that I have to the sales person to fully satisfy all my inquiries. I do not want another buyer's remorse because I failed to see the merchandise in real life then bought it.

Never bought a bike online due to a lot of issues and problems that I may encounter. First of all I do not know who the seller is and he might be hiding some damages or other unlikely things with the bike. It is also difficult to measure the dimensions and the actual facade of the bicycle, especially when buying from a distant vicinity. I only buy from trusted stores and also referrals from family, relatives and friends so I can trace them back in the instance that I may find problems and issues with my purchase.

Usually for me online buying of any goods is not an option - there are just too many issues to consider, such as: whether something will fit me, what will that look like on me, was the thing I am buying a stollen good, will that be delivered to me in the end afterall, was it worth the money, what if they deliever something completely different than what I order, etc.
I prefer buying bikes in stores. Usually I can see it for myself, try it out, ride for a bit around the block, and just feel the touch of it in general.

I have never bought a bike online but if you are thinking about it just ensure you check the credibility of the seller. You don't want to order and never get it right?

I had a great experience buying a bike online. I bough it on a site like e bay but in my country. It was cheap and quite good. It needed to be cleaned and few parts replaced but when i finished with it it was flying. It was one of those old ones with gear shifter on the frame not on the steering wheel. I was so depressed when it got stolen this summer. I loved that bike. So right now i am going to buy a new one and probably online again. So if can check what you buy i recommend because prices can be lower than you hope.