online dealer for Shimano Deore rapid fire shifter

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Technician, May 8, 2003.

  1. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Well, i have given up on my LBS. they said their stock would be in the middle of this week. when i
    called up, they pushed it ahead to next week (aka, they forgot to order them).

    So, i'm looking for an online retailer that will sell just the front shifter lever (don't need
    cables, or a set).

    I recall a while back somebody, i think it was Gary, had mentioned their LBS had them for like $15,
    or something like that. If that seems the only option, do you take Paypal? if you figure out the
    final cost of the shifter, plus shipping, i'll Paypal you the money for
    it (ido have checks if you prefer, though they are slower in transit).
    --
    ~Travis

    travis57 at megalink dot net

    Tags:

  2. El Barista

    El Barista Guest

    Technician wrote:

    > So, i'm looking for an online retailer that will sell just the front shifter lever (don't need
    > cables, or a set).

    Here's the closest thing I've found to a biking PriceWatch:

    http://www.bestwebbuys.com/bikes/

    It doesn't have a large selection of vendors but it does have most of the cheaper guys. Actually, it
    looks like they may have added some others now.

    -will

  3. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > Well, i have given up on my LBS. they said their stock would be in the middle of this week. when i
    > called up, they pushed it ahead to next week (aka, they forgot to order them).
    >
    > So, i'm looking for an online retailer that will sell just the front shifter lever (don't need
    > cables, or a set).
    >
    > ~Travis

    I have just a Deore XT front lever for you. Email direct with your address. Downhillers
    don't use 'em.

    Mike - might as well contribute to the a.m-b/Travis bike project. ;^)