online or in store? perforamce bikes

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Sir Preston, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Sir Preston

Sir Preston Banned

just wondering what you all prefer when it comes to buying your equipment. i know that jensen is performance (isn't it) and the actual store will price match their own net prices but i've never liked not having my hands on stuff before i buy. i start this thread because i walked into performance yesterday and left with two pairs of lg riding shorts, both on clearance and both totaling less than $100, walk out. great deals in store and i didn't see it on the net.

Tags:

2. Feltski

Feltski New Member

When the price is right and i know what im buying, i dont mind shopping online, but im all for supporting your local shop. if the price is close, ill always shop local

3. Scotttri

Scotttri Member

As much as I like supporting the local shops, I buy most of my clothes online at probikekit. As for bulky items. Bikes frames etc, I buy local.

4. PeterF

PeterF New Member

I'm the opposite. I buy my cloths at the LBS. With my club deals, and no shipping, it comes out about the same anyway. More pricey stuff I shop on-line. I like to support local businesses, but they usually aren't even close for components.