online or mail order wheelbuilder

On Nov 29, 12:46 pm, bougon <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi, searching a good wheelbuilder
> i have findwww.wheelbuilder.comwww.youngwheels.com
> and needs some suggestions .... may be a canadian or two
> thanks
> Denis

May I suggest you look at Well-Spoken Wheels
(www.wellspokenwheels.com). You may notice the owner and myself share
the same name, but it is pure coincidence.

Best wishes,

Nigel Grinter

One more to consider is Mike Garcia at www.oddsandendos.com

Mike is very knowledgeable and experienced. I recommend giving him a
call and talking with him. He has an 866 phone number so its free too.
Good Luck1

bougon aka Denis wrote:
> Hi, searching a good wheelbuilder
> i have find www.wheelbuilder.com
> www.youngwheels.com
> and needs some suggestions .... may be a canadian or two

How about an Italian-American living the the land of beer and cheese?
<http://www.yellowjersey.org/sensible.html#build>

Recommendation based on knowledge of several sets of wheels from this
shop providing long service without spoke breakage or losing an
acceptable degree of trueness.

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:46:17 -0800 (PST), bougon
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi, searching a good wheelbuilder
>i have find www.wheelbuilder.com
>www.youngwheels.com
>and needs some suggestions .... may be a canadian or two

Used to be Sheldon Brown would build wheels mail-order, but with his
health problems I'm not sure he's still doing this. Also (of course)
Peter Chisholm.

Sheldon - [email protected]
Peter - [email protected]

--
jeverett3<AT>sbcglobal<DOT>net (John V. Everett)

On Dec 3, 10:09 am, John Everett
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:46:17 -0800 (PST), bougon
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Hi, searching a good wheelbuilder
> >i have findwww.wheelbuilder.com
> >www.youngwheels.com
> >and needs some suggestions .... may be a canadian or two

> Used to be Sheldon Brown would build wheels mail-order, but with his
> health problems I'm not sure he's still doing this. Also (of course)
> Peter Chisholm.
>
> Sheldon - [email protected]
> Peter - [email protected]
>
> --
> jeverett3<AT>sbcglobal<DOT>net (John V. Everett)

I have no first-hand experience with his wheelbuilding, but fellow
RBTer Dave Ornee is who I always go to for spokes, and he has all
sorts of wheels for sale on ebay at any given time. Always excellent
service.