Online poll - Am I funny?

Slabby,

My gentle son, I did not give the evidence for my conclusion but rather just the conclusion itself.
You are correct, what people think of me may not be related to what people think of themselves. On
the other hand, can anyone hang with the cycling boyz and with a straight face tell me that they
aren't full of themselves? They are pretty to watch, but not as much fun actually talking to them.
Know what I mean? Ever have that feeling before? Pretty on the outside, but ugly on the inside.

Fr. Guido

Shabby <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Father Guido Sa wrote:
> > I have come to the conclusion that the cycling boyz think highly of themselves.
>

> Incorrect conclusion. The fact that noone thinks very highly of you is not related to what people
> think of themselves.

Miracles can happen my son. Don't you believe in miracles?

Fr. Guido

Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> That makes it 12-1, making a win out of the first 20 impossible. Even Al Gore wouldn't attempt to
> prolong this one any longer.
>
> Don't let the door hit you in the robe, Guido.
>
> Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

No, you are not funny. You're already on probation. My recommendation for you is to leave the
group now.

RST Restoration Squad

[email protected] (Father Guido Sarducci) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Yes or no.
>
> I will count up the first 20 replies. Majority rules. If yes, I'll stay and play. If no, I'll pack
> up and go.
>
> Fr. Guido

> Slabby,
>
> My gentle son, I did not give the evidence for my conclusion but rather just the conclusion
> itself. You are correct, what people think of me may not be related to what people think of
> themselves. On the other hand, can anyone hang with the cycling boyz and with a straight face tell
> me that they aren't full of themselves? They are pretty to watch, but not as much fun actually
> talking to them. Know what I mean? Ever have that feeling before? Pretty on the outside, but ugly
> on the inside.
>
> Fr. Guido

I gotta admit, as a redneck from south Texas, I gotta wonder about a bunch of guys who have smoother
legs than their wives! OK, Lance and company, fine. They need every break they can get time-wise,
and they rack up enough FAST AND LOOSE miles to really worry about road rash. But a bunch of weekend
rider domestique wannabees? And with those spandex pants? Let's just say that I wouldn't want to
have to spend any time with the Father looking like THAT! One word of support - take the good ol'
hometown hero. He's got a knockout wife and two beautiful kids - and he's playing around?
OOOKKKAYYYYYYYY...

My guess is that many of the elite cyclings, triathletes, etc, ARE self-absorbed jerks. Of course,
the same can be said for ANY elite group - singers, newsmen (Peter Arnett?), basketball players,
politicians, etc, etc, etc. To get to the top, you usually have to have an ego the size of Texas and
then some, plus the constant dedication to your field which can easily make one self-absorbed and
narcissistic. The more success you get, the more it feeds it. So while there may be some validity
picking on cyclists, it's only because they are a part of a bigger group of elite ANYTHING. In and
of themselves they are nothing unusual.

You're out of line, buckaroo. Lassoo that ego in pardner.

RST Texas Watchgroup