Online Power Training plans ?

Bob Edberry

Feb 8, 2006
Hey all,

I am considering one of Hunter Allen's plans on Trainingpeaks.com and my threshold is 280watts. He has plans for 270 and 290. Should I go to the higher one? I just did my test for FTP, and I was dead on 280. Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Bob

Bob Edberry said:
Hey all,

I am considering one of Hunter Allen's plans on Trainingpeaks.com and my threshold is 280watts. He has plans for 270 and 290. Should I go to the higher one? I just did my test for FTP, and I was dead on 280. Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Bob

I've been considering the plan as well and I too am in between. I was thinking of going with the higher FT until someone suggested putting the wo through ERG+ and tweaking it down a bit.

Bob Edberry said:
Hey all,

Thanks.
Bob
I'm using his Spring Training 320, even though I started at 311 and am at 317 currently.

Bob Edberry said:
Hey all,

Thanks.
Bob
Go higher!

Bob Edberry said:
Hey all,

Thanks.
Bob
All of the plans should be using the same % of FT, so buy one, reverse engineer those, and adjust accordingly. :)

Pureshot78 said:
All of the plans should be using the same % of FT, so buy one, reverse engineer those, and adjust accordingly. :)
In the Coggan book - there is a 16 week training plan at the end - (and also sample power zone workouts for given FTPs) throughout.

As stated above, one could simply adjust the workouts to one's own FTP.

The price of the book is worth the training plan(s) alone...

dlinenbe said:
In the Coggan book - there is a 16 week training plan at the end - (and also sample power zone workouts for given FTPs) throughout.

As stated above, one could simply adjust the workouts to one's own FTP.

The price of the book is worth the training plan(s) alone...

I believe the OP is refering to a plan written for a Computrainer in erg mode. I know I am. To make the changes you suggest would be quite time consuming without using ERG+.

luban said:
What was your FTP test?20 minutes,20 minutes*0,95 or 60 minutes TT?
20 min * .95 for me. That was 280. I do have ERG+, and have built some files, so maybe that's the way to go. I think based on the advice here, I'll get the higher one, give it a try and then if there are workouts I can't complete, then I'll scale them. Thanks for all the great responses. This is a great forum!
Bob