Online Retailer "Total Cycling" Anyone?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by zerokoo0l, Feb 27, 2004.

1. zerokoo0l

zerokoo0l New Member

Has anyone ever dealt with Total Cycling, they are located in Ireland. they have some pretty good pricing on Sidi shoes and I am wondering if it is worth it. I am particcularly interested in knowing if anyone in the US has bought from them and what their experiences were like. Unfortunately none of our LBS's want to invest in carrying Sidi shoes and rather than letting them "broker" a pair for me at full retail, I might as well just order them myself, unfortunate but a VERY LARGE price difference. Thanks in advance.

Tags:

2. Cipher

Cipher New Member

A friend of mine ordered a pair of Sidi's from them last summer, and had no problems at all. I will do the same thing (assuming the large price difference) when I need a new pair myself! ;)

3. zerokoo0l

zerokoo0l New Member

Thanks, I guess it is the old saying "any friend of yours is a friend of mine" could apply. I suspect theey are probably quite good just needed some validation. The Genius 4 World Edition is 104 US and the all Lorica is 109. The Ergo 1 is around 260 All have 16 DHL shipping charges. That is pretty good pricing compared to what I found eveen on ebay.

4. zerokoo0l

zerokoo0l New Member

Sorry....my "e" key sticks.

5. Cipher

Cipher New Member

I've seen other posts both here and on other web sites were people on our side of the pond have ordered from them and have not had any problems at all.

6. Stick90

Stick90 New Member

Bought a pair of Sidi Energy shoes and Look pedals about 2 years ago. Ordered them on a Saturday, they shipped on Monday and by dinner Wednesday they were at my door. Most certianly will deal with them in the future.

7. Ted B

Ted B New Member

I recently ordered a full Compagnolo Record group from them and I am 100% satisfied. Be advised that the USD has taken a drop since their prices were posted, so take their price in British pounds and convert it to USD (or whatever currency you like) to get the ACTUAL current price:

http://www.oanda.com/converter/classic

8. Spider1977

Spider1977 New Member

What is their web address?

9. Cipher

Cipher New Member

10. zerokoo0l

zerokoo0l New Member

Thank you everyone, I feel pretty comfortablle and will give them a try. Thanks

11. mountainbiker

mountainbiker New Member

I have delt with Total Cycling a few times.. I purchased tires and tubes on one occassion and a rear cassette another and their customer service and prices were very good...:)