Online Shopping

Meh,

Moral of the story - check the price at Nashbar first. Nine times
out of ten the price that the bike shop quotes me is almost identical
to the price I find elsewhere and ends up being cheaper when you
figure in the wait time and the cost of shipping plus the fact that I
can buy it NOW.

I've decided on an Ultegra crankset for the race bike. It came with
a triple Sora and I not only don't want triple on the race bike I also
don't want Sora. Got to be ordered. Will probably be here within the
month.

This morning I've got a Nashbar email about a sale and I click in
intending to smugly take a look at the cranksets and see that once
again I've done the right thing by getting it through my lbs.
Renminbi are no longer tied to the plummeting US dollar and it's on
sale. Could be here within the month. And even with shipping it'll
be almost 1000 rmb less than I'm going to pay for it.

On the other hand installation and future maintenance for as long as
I live in this province will be free. But I think I'm going to take
the plummeting dollar into account when it comes time to get the new
handlebars (I want the flat topped ergonomic carbon kind) and the easy
to install stuff like brakes and do a little more online price
checking before I next get something that the local shop needs to
order.

-M

On Aug 14, 2:25 pm, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Meh,
>
> Moral of the story - check the price at Nashbar first. Nine times
> out of ten the price that the bike shop quotes me is almost identical
> to the price I find elsewhere and ends up being cheaper when you
> figure in the wait time and the cost of shipping plus the fact that I
> can buy it NOW.
>
> I've decided on an Ultegra crankset for the race bike. It came with
> a triple Sora and I not only don't want triple on the race bike I also
> don't want Sora. Got to be ordered. Will probably be here within the
> month.
>
> This morning I've got a Nashbar email about a sale and I click in
> intending to smugly take a look at the cranksets and see that once
> again I've done the right thing by getting it through my lbs.
> Renminbi are no longer tied to the plummeting US dollar and it's on
> sale. Could be here within the month. And even with shipping it'll
> be almost 1000 rmb less than I'm going to pay for it.
>
> On the other hand installation and future maintenance for as long as
> I live in this province will be free. But I think I'm going to take
> the plummeting dollar into account when it comes time to get the new
> handlebars (I want the flat topped ergonomic carbon kind) and the easy
> to install stuff like brakes and do a little more online price
> checking before I next get something that the local shop needs to
> order.
>
> -M

Best price on these bars is from www.torpedo7.co.nz.
http://www.torpedo7.com.au/division/bike/lefthandcategorydisplay.do?id=02-HB-TO