Online weight training guides for triathletes

Spm073

Guest
Im working on revamping my weight training and was wondering if anyone had any tips on online

Spm073 wrote:

> Im working on revamping my weight training and was wondering if anyone had any tips on online
> weighttraining guides for triathletes.

The subject is too broad and the range of opinions too diverse to have any single set of guidelines.
Generally speaking, you might start your thinking off by deciding if you wish a general strength
routine - on the theory that doing a little lifting will make your stronger overall and perhaps
being stronger overall is what you need to race faster and be more free from injury - or whether you
wish to design a progrm that specifically targets muscles that will be used in one or more of
triathlon's sports.

For me, someone who has a bad back and a history of injuries, I prefer the general approach. I
find I get all the sport-specific practice I want, need, and have time for by practicing the
sport itself.

Once you've chosen a direction, you then have to decide whether you want to work for an increase in
absolute strength, an increase in muscle size, increased muscular endurance, or some combination of
these things. Lots of people in endurance sports find working towards a combination of strength and
size in the off-season is a good thing - they put on a little muscle and get a little stronger over
the winter and make good use of their increases during the season.

My personal prefence is to work for a combined strength/endurance. I use kettlebells for this for
the most part and have been very happy with the results. My web site, http://www.kbnj.com, has