Onlne source for olives at a reasonable price?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Abe, Mar 31, 2006.

  1. Abe

    Abe Guest

    I've googled around looking for oil cured Kalamata olives, but I only
    come up with very expensive gourmet sites that sell them in small
    bottles.

    Does anyone know of a good site that sells them in larger quantities,
    say 2 lbs or more, for a reasonable price ($7/lb or less)?

    Tags:

  2. pavane

    pavane Guest

    "Abe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I've googled around looking for oil cured Kalamata olives, but I only
    > come up with very expensive gourmet sites that sell them in small
    > bottles.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a good site that sells them in larger quantities,
    > say 2 lbs or more, for a reasonable price ($7/lb or less)?

    Try here:
    http://bkfoods.com/candypress/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=36
    Barnier and Divina are two of the finest olive exporters in the world.

    pavane

  3. Abe

    Abe Guest

  4. Abe

    Abe Guest

  5. pavane

    pavane Guest

  6. pavane

    pavane Guest

    "pavane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Abe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > >Try here:
    > > >http://bkfoods.com/candypress/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=36
    > > >Barnier and Divina are two of the finest olive exporters in the

    > world.
    > > Just realized they have a $300 minimum order.

    > oops!
    > pavane

    You might do a couple of things...if you live near a bulk olive store
    like Whole Foods, Fresh Market or the like you can buy bulk from
    them, of course; it might be worth your while to find the nearest
    one and go on an olive hunt. Otherwise try various search
    engines on the internet for either Barnier or Divina; eventually
    you might find a dealer who will ship bulk packaging. I know of
    people who used to buy whole (11#) cans of olives from Whole
    Foods on special order, that is another way. Good Luck.

    pavane