Only lost for a lttle bit

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
Keep exploring the trails right behind my house in the Lake Dennison region. Last year was my first time on a mountain bike in 15 plus years, and I'm having such a blast with it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks nice over there! Where is this Lake Dennison? The trails seem to be very smooth and Cross Country like. It reminds me of my local trails, but I know that there is no Lake Dennison in my area.

Looks nice over there! Where is this Lake Dennison? The trails seem to be very smooth and Cross Country like. It reminds me of my local trails, but I know that there is no Lake Dennison in my area.

Lake Dennison is in Winchendon Massachusetts, and it has over 100+ miles of trails. It's a big snow mobile area and you can see signs for turns, intersections and even stop signs. They keep the trails groomed during the winter for them.

Lake Dennison is in Winchendon Massachusetts, and it has over 100+ miles of trails. It's a big snow mobile area and you can see signs for turns, intersections and even stop signs. They keep the trails groomed during the winter for them.
That sounds amazing! Too bad I don't live in that area :(.

That is a neat trail to cycle across! A bit lonely, but very pleasant to ride with a mountain bike. I have to admit, trees gallery makes me feel a bit paranoid. There are big predators in that region?

Ah yes, the best part of having a bike is the freedom to travel wherever you want regardless of road boundaries. That's why I loved riding around in my bike as a kid, you can go to the back woods with your bike and just immerse yourself in nature while enjoying the fresh air, silence, and peace that only nature can provide. I moved to the city and it wasn't the same when I try to take walks or bikes around the neighborhood, there are buildings, noise, and cars to compete with when you are on the road. I hope you're enjoying yourself there!

That's one of the beauties of riding, to explore. Just recently I discovered that's it's free to put the bike on the train and go, so soon enough I am off to explore new grounds.

That's a nice place you have there with the trees and the nature trip would surely make the ride worth it. We have a semblance of that scenery here in our village and that's what I like it here. However, in that area where nature is at its best, the roads are bumpy and not paved so it is sometimes risky particularly in the uphill climb - it is slippery when dusty and sticky when muddy.

It's great to be in untouched places, but to be there we need to have particular biking skills, not just any one can get there.