Only One Pound

Geri

Guest
Hello, do you know me?

If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,

And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me;

I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.

That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."

(As if that were such a terrible thing.)

For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think
I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every
part of you.

Happy Days!!!

After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

- Author Unknown

That is great Geri!! Everyone here knows the rule against saying "only" and "lost x amount of
weight" but it bears repeating!!

Connie

--

Cheers,