Ontario, Canada trike

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by John Riley, Jun 8, 2003.

  1. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    Tags:

  2. Didn't Eco-Cycle appear a couple of years ago and then vanish shortly after they appeared? It would
    be nice if Ontario gets a bent trike maker that can compete with all the American firms. Is it me or
    does the Eco-trike look a lot like a TerraTrike...maybe it is just the Sora/Deore components that
    are the same or when you convert the Canadian $ price into USD the trike costs the same as the
    Terratrike....coincidence?
    -------------------------
    "john riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This trike maker recently showed up on the local list:
    >
    > http://www.eco-cycle.ca/
    >
    > John Riley

  3. Mike C

    Mike C Guest

    Joshua

    Look more closely! Their trikes are very similar to the Greenspeed. These trikes were on display in
    London this week. Right now the company consists of the two owners. They still have day jobs! The
    trikes look to be well made and the price seems quite competitive. Let's wish them success.

    Mike Channon London, Canada

    Wile E. Coyote <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > .... Is it me or does the Eco-trike look a lot like a TerraTrike...

  4. Denis Rivest

    Denis Rivest Guest

    [email protected] (john riley) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > This trike maker recently showed up on the local list:
    >
    > http://www.eco-cycle.ca/
    >
    > John Riley

    Looks interesting, but gearing top end seems low, especially on the XTR. I've sent an e-mail
    requesting more details on weight, etc... Anyone hear anything on this constructor?

    Denis Rivest Startus rider in Montreal

  5. Jay

    Jay Guest

    >> [email protected] (john riley) wrote: This trike maker recently showed up on the
    >> local list:
    >>
    >> http://www.eco-cycle.ca/
    >>
    >> John Riley

    >Denis Rivest at [email protected] wrote on 6/8/03 7:27 PM: Looks interesting, but gearing top end seems
    >low, especially on the XTR. I've sent an e-mail requesting more details on weight, etc... Anyone
    >hear anything on this constructor?
    >
    > Denis Rivest Startus rider in Montreal

    Actually Mike and I invited them to some of out London Bicycle Festival events. Amongst the 25 bike
    events was a Recumbent Show and Tell ( Thursday morning- hosted by Mike Channon), The Bent Event
    Saturday afternoon hosted by me --> bentchick and an All day Cycling Event Sunday ( Breakfast, 4
    rides and a BBQ) They attended each of these events and let people test ride their trikes.

    They are just newly into production and eager for feedback. Generally, I feel that many aspects of
    this trike are quite well done for the price. This enterprise will allow the chance for Ontarians to
    support a local recumbent builder.

    There are options available to expand the gear range ( ex rear hub SRAM Dual Drive.

  6. Hope they get a deal at Triketrails to sell to a wider geographic range of customers. It is about
    time someone in the GWN makes trikes for the U.S. market...been a long stretch since the Canadian
    made Thebis.
    ----------------------------
    "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB0AD00C.12647%[email protected]...
    > >> [email protected] (john riley) wrote: This trike maker recently showed up on the local
    > >> list:
    > >>
    > >> http://www.eco-cycle.ca/
    > >>
    > >> John Riley
    >
    > >Denis Rivest at [email protected] wrote on 6/8/03 7:27 PM:
    > > Looks interesting, but gearing top end seems low, especially on the
    > > XTR. I've sent an e-mail requesting more details on weight, etc... Anyone hear anything on this
    > > constructor?
    > >
    > > Denis Rivest Startus rider in Montreal
    >
    > Actually Mike and I invited them to some of out London Bicycle Festival events. Amongst the 25
    > bike events was a Recumbent Show and Tell ( Thursday
    morning-
    > hosted by Mike Channon), The Bent Event Saturday afternoon hosted by
    me -->
    > bentchick and an All day Cycling Event Sunday ( Breakfast, 4 rides and a BBQ) They attended each
    > of these events and let people test ride their trikes.
    >
    > They are just newly into production and eager for feedback. Generally, I feel that many aspects of
    > this trike are quite well done for the price. This enterprise will allow the chance for Ontarians
    > to support a local recumbent builder.
    >
    > There are options available to expand the gear range ( ex rear hub SRAM
    Dual
    > Drive.

  7. Jay

    Jay Guest

    >John W at [email protected] wrote on 6/11/03 12:48 PM:

    > Looks just like a Greenspeed to me. Go to http://www.greenspeedrecumbents.com and compare. I
    > wonder if they have some kind of arrangement with Greenspeed?

    Greenspeed does not pursue clones in court. They sell the plans and frame kits.