Ontario, Canada trike

Didn't Eco-Cycle appear a couple of years ago and then vanish shortly after they appeared? It would
be nice if Ontario gets a bent trike maker that can compete with all the American firms. Is it me or
does the Eco-trike look a lot like a TerraTrike...maybe it is just the Sora/Deore components that
are the same or when you convert the Canadian $ price into USD the trike costs the same as the
Terratrike....coincidence?
-------------------------
"john riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This trike maker recently showed up on the local list:
>
> http://www.eco-cycle.ca/
>
> John Riley

Joshua

Look more closely! Their trikes are very similar to the Greenspeed. These trikes were on display in
London this week. Right now the company consists of the two owners. They still have day jobs! The
trikes look to be well made and the price seems quite competitive. Let's wish them success.

Mike Channon London, Canada

news:p[email protected]...

[email protected] (john riley) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> This trike maker recently showed up on the local list:
>
> http://www.eco-cycle.ca/
>
> John Riley

Looks interesting, but gearing top end seems low, especially on the XTR. I've sent an e-mail
requesting more details on weight, etc... Anyone hear anything on this constructor?

Denis Rivest Startus rider in Montreal

>> [email protected] (john riley) wrote: This trike maker recently showed up on the
>> local list:
>>
>> http://www.eco-cycle.ca/
>>
>> John Riley

>Denis Rivest at [email protected] wrote on 6/8/03 7:27 PM: Looks interesting, but gearing top end seems
>low, especially on the XTR. I've sent an e-mail requesting more details on weight, etc... Anyone
>hear anything on this constructor?
>
> Denis Rivest Startus rider in Montreal

Actually Mike and I invited them to some of out London Bicycle Festival events. Amongst the 25 bike
events was a Recumbent Show and Tell ( Thursday morning- hosted by Mike Channon), The Bent Event
Saturday afternoon hosted by me --> bentchick and an All day Cycling Event Sunday ( Breakfast, 4
rides and a BBQ) They attended each of these events and let people test ride their trikes.

They are just newly into production and eager for feedback. Generally, I feel that many aspects of
this trike are quite well done for the price. This enterprise will allow the chance for Ontarians to
support a local recumbent builder.

There are options available to expand the gear range ( ex rear hub SRAM Dual Drive.

Hope they get a deal at Triketrails to sell to a wider geographic range of customers. It is about
time someone in the GWN makes trikes for the U.S. market...been a long stretch since the Canadian
made Thebis.