Onza Bites Booji Bad

BoojiBoy

Guest
Well, it had been a real busy couple of weeks with the semester coming
to an end, work in the retail business getting crazy and hectic...so
when the UMaine Juggler's Society decided to have an unofficial meeting,
I was excited to finally get some good riding in with some uni pals I
hadn't seen in a while. Being indoors, with no real obstacles for trials
practice, I left my pads in the car. We'll call this 'Mistake Number
One'.

With no good obstacles indoors, and since it was dark and snowing
outside, we were mostly working on freestyle stuff, which I'm not very
good at and don't work on very often. I was feeling good about my
wheelwalking progress, so thought I'd move on to jumping off the pedals
and landing back on ( some call it an arial, working my way up to
unispins). This was 'mistake number two'.

\/ Here is what happened \/ (My wife did a great job cleaning it with
saline and getting all the hair out of there. I think her vet. tech.
classes are paying off)

| Attachment filename: kyles pedal bite.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/255704|

BoojiBoy - Punk Rock Rider

www.skawabunga.com
www.purevolume.com/skawabunga
www.epluribusfunk.tk
gallery.unicyclist.com/epluribusfunk
BoojiBoy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3923

you should see the bit my sister got off my onza last week...It beats
any pedal bites I've ever had. You could see right to the bone, it was
luvverly. The sad thing was she was only riding across the kitchen, not
even doing anything spectacular. Th pins on the pedals that the onza
comes with are pretty vicious, and unnecessarily big in my opinion.

One good thing came from my sisters wounding though, I now know what to
get her for christmas.....LEG ARMOUR!

Kit

--
MrBoogiejuice - Loyal subject of the crown

Clean living, fair play and devotion to the empire
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

yeah, i remember when you first posted that shot. What can I say, you
inspired me. I think I could have used a few stitches, and if had found
a nice suture kit at the drug store, my wife would have played
frankenstein on it. That's the first really deep wound I've gotten. I
didn't think there was that much meat on the shins, but it was almost a
QUARTER OF AN INCH deep.

--
BoojiBoy - Punk Rock Rider

www.skawabunga.com
www.purevolume.com/skawabunga
www.epluribusfunk.tk
gallery.unicyclist.com/epluribusfunk
BoojiBoy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3923

I had a really cool pedal bite once,from my oddeysey triple trap
pedals.
There was a perfect imprint of the pedals all the way around my leg,it
looked like my pedal only in reverse.

--
forrestunifreak - Unisycochondriac

"People who quote themselves are lame." ~ David Lowell

"Does this make me lame?" ~forrestunifreak

giocologgi wrote:
> *Welcome in the club...
> [image: http://utenti.lycos.it/cassanic/monociclo/dolore.jpg]
>
> and look at my signature... *

What happened to the 800x800 pic size limit?

--
TheObieOne3226 - Owns you, SWAT does, mmmm

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT) -- *New!
Coasting unicycle video and more ECMW pics!*
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com) -- *FRESHLY
UPDATED*

AIM/ICQ:TheObieOne3226
Yahoo:TheObieOne3226
MSN:[email protected]

disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.

john_childs wrote:
> *That's only for attachments. It obviously doesn't apply to embedded
> IMG tags. *

Obviously. :(

--
TheObieOne3226 - Owns you, SWAT does, mmmm

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT) -- *New!
Coasting unicycle video and more ECMW pics!*
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com) -- *FRESHLY
UPDATED*

AIM/ICQ:TheObieOne3226
Yahoo:TheObieOne3226
MSN:[email protected]

disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.

> What happened to the 800x800 pic size limit?

> That's only for attachments. It obviously doesn't apply to embedded
> IMG tags.

;)

In a couple of months you can show, proudly, to your wife something like
this!
[image: http://utenti.lycos.it/cassanic/hs.JPG]

:D

--
giocologgi - almost a doctor....

My onza hate me... He want my blood!
giocologgi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/579

Been there. Done that. Not married.

--

john_childs wrote:
> *Unfortunately. *

Ambigiously. :confused:

--

TheObieOne3226 wrote:
> *Ambigiously. :confused: *

Spelled incorrectly. :mad:

--
TheObieOne3226 - Owns you, SWAT does, mmmm

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)

AIM/ICQ:TheObieOne3226
Yahoo:TheObieOne3226
MSN:[email protected]

disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.

heres my one

admittedly not an onza pedal bite

kids... dont try and do anything that involves your feet leaving the
pedals with razor sharp (and long) pedal pins.

| Attachment filename: dsc00759.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/256062|

tomsey - hardcore unicyclist

www.ozextremeunicycling.cjb.net
tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038

Hi BoojiBoy,

Not sure if you remember my post 'Onza bites man'
(http://tinyurl.com/4ww8k) it was almost identical to yours. I was
hoping it would be a leason to fellow Onza riders that leg guards,
especially calf guards should be worn at all times.

I had only had my Onza a couple of days when it developed vampire
tendencies, and the worse part was that I had just been pushing my
limits without any problems then as soon as I backed off it dumped me to
the ground and shredded my calf.

I always wear leg guards now.

Hope it heals quickly and dose not keep you off your uni too long.

--
Major Clanger
Major Clanger's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7066

Major Clanger wrote:
> *Hi BoojiBoy,
>
> Not sure if you remember my post 'Onza bites man'
> (http://tinyurl.com/4ww8k) it was almost identical to yours. I was
> hoping it would be a leason to fellow Onza riders that leg guards,
> especially calf guards should be worn at all times.
>
> I had only had my Onza a couple of days when it developed vampire
> tendencies, and the worse part was that I had just been pushing my
> limits without any problems then as soon as I backed off it dumped me
> to the ground and shredded my calf.
>
> I always wear leg guards now.
>
> Hope it heals quickly and dose not keep you off your uni too long. *

Yeah i remember that. I've definitely learned my lesson. after it
happened I just cleaned it up a bit and then put my pads on over it and
continued riding for like an hour and a half. So it hasn't slowed me
down any. I hope to ride with some guys from S.W.A.T. in a week or so.
You can rest assured I will have pads and a helmet on.