Ooh that sounds exciting..

David Martin

Guest
Following the giro on the cyclingnews.com live feed.. Feel the lactic
acid, experience the exitement in 1 sentence per minute commentary..

Looks like the TV will be entertaining tonight - shame I can't get it.

...d

Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as David
Martin <[email protected]> gently breathed:
>Following the giro on the cyclingnews.com live feed..

'Scuse the interuption, but what is "giro" in this context? I assume
it's nothing to do with DSS benefit cheques, or autogyro aircraft, which
are the only places I've ever encountered the term.

--
- DJ Pyromancer, The Sunday Goth Social, Leeds. <http://www.sheepish.net>

Broadband, Dialup, Domains = <http://www.wytches.net> = The UK's Pagan ISP!
<http://www.inkubus-sukkubus.co.uk> <http://www.revival.stormshadow.com>

Pyromancer wrote:
> Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as David
> Martin <[email protected]> gently breathed:
>> Following the giro on the cyclingnews.com live feed..

> 'Scuse the interuption, but what is "giro" in this context? I assume
> it's nothing to do with DSS benefit cheques, or autogyro aircraft, which
> are the only places I've ever encountered the term.

The Giro d'Italia, or tour of Italy. One of the big bike races of the
world. It's on at the moment, but doesn't get much coverage on
mainstream media. Its been pretty good this year. Thanks to the French,
Italians and Spanish having different names for tour in their language
you get the Tour, Giro and Vuelta respectively.

--

JimP

"We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong" - Spike Milligan.