ooh that was close

monsterman

New Member
Apr 23, 2005
grinding my way up Mt Gravatt this morning. Was about 70% up on the second lap and was nearly collected head-on by an idiot rider descending at pace. I was as far to the left on my side of the road as I could possible be, and this pr*ck crosses the line through a blind corner. Hope you read this you f#cking ******!! And remember next time it could be a car taking up the whole lane, you t$ol!

[Rider in question wore a long sleeve Acqua & Sapone with a red met helmet and (I think) he was riding a cannondale 3000 - the no paint version with red decals. He had a goatee and had a sh!t-scared look on his face - not unlike mine at the time, I'm sure]

I hope he wasn't having a mechanical / break fail. If he did, the hairiest parts of the descent were still ahead of him.

Same things happens on a weekend morning, idiots flying down that hill regardless of oncoming traffic...with and without a motor.

I will hit up Mt Gravatt, if I should see your 'friend' I will word him up.

Rhino-x wrote:
> Same things happens on a weekend morning, idiots flying down that hill
> regardless of oncoming traffic...with and without a motor.
>
> I will hit up Mt Gravatt, if I should see your 'friend' I will word
> him up.
>

> --
> Rhino-x

Yep, sadly its situatio normal. I haven't had any close shaves there
yet, but have seen plenty of ridersflirting with the centreline.

With all the blind corners, I'm way too chicken sh!t to ride anywhere
but on the extreme left!!! Nice hill for training though... *grins* And
only 1.2km from my driveway, so its handy too!!

Cheers,
Abby

Was anyone else climbing Mt Gravatt this morning? I did two laps and there was a rather 'unusual' person sitting in a car, playing music so loud you could hear it from a couple hundered meters away. I am talking, very loud, the amoutn of base coming form the car help palpatate my heart...

Rhino-x wrote:
> Was anyone else climbing Mt Gravatt this morning? I did two laps and
> there was a rather 'unusual' person sitting in a car, playing music so
> loud you could hear it from a couple hundered meters away. I am
> talking, very loud, the amoutn of base coming form the car help
> palpatate my heart...
>

> --
> Rhino-x

*laughs* I'm pretty sure that's a feature - he's the resident metronome
to help you set your cadence to...

Abby (who was being bootcamped by Tam this morning....)

Absent Husband wrote:

> Rhino-x wrote:
> > Same things happens on a weekend morning, idiots flying down that hill
> > regardless of oncoming traffic...with and without a motor.
> >
> > I will hit up Mt Gravatt, if I should see your 'friend' I will word
> > him up.
> >

> > --
> > Rhino-x

> Yep, sadly its situatio normal. I haven't had any close shaves there
> yet, but have seen plenty of ridersflirting with the centreline.
>
> With all the blind corners, I'm way too chicken sh!t to ride anywhere
> but on the extreme left!!! Nice hill for training though... *grins* And
> only 1.2km from my driveway, so its handy too!!
>
> Cheers,
> Abby

Is there still that nasty pothole on the way down, centre of the left
lane, just after the last (flatter) hairpin before the loose S's start?
I wonder if that's why people swing wide?

Tam

Tamyka Bell said:
Is there still that nasty pothole on the way down, centre of the left
lane, just after the last (flatter) hairpin before the loose S's start?
I wonder if that's why people swing wide?

Tam
yes, its still there!

Rhino-x wrote:

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> >
> > Is there still that nasty pothole on the way down, centre of the left
> > lane, just after the last (flatter) hairpin before the loose S's start?
> > I wonder if that's why people swing wide?
> >
> > Tam

> yes, its still there!
>
> --
> Rhino-x

Maybe a local *looks pointedly at Abby* should write to HIS (Abby)/her
member for some road mending...

Tam