"Ooops I did it again"

By the way Lokstah have you received your Klein yet? I´m playing with the thought of trying a carbon frame this time. The Scott Cr1 since Klein now is "almost" carbon with the carbon b-stay. Saunier Duval is apparatly going to ride Scott this year not that it would influence my choice of frame. Anyway the new Klein or The Scott aluframe or maybe a Principa 8but boy are they a harsh ride) are other candidates for replacement (providing the wife doesn´t go berzerk).

Originally posted by mrowkoob
By the way Lokstah have you received your Klein yet? I´m playing with the thought of trying a carbon frame this time. The Scott Cr1 since Klein now is "almost" carbon with the carbon b-stay. Saunier Duval is apparatly going to ride Scott this year not that it would influence my choice of frame. Anyway the new Klein or The Scott aluframe or maybe a Principa 8but boy are they a harsh ride) are other candidates for replacement (providing the wife doesn´t go berzerk).
Any day now, literally. You should see my living room -- I threw my new Vittoria Corsas (white w/ the black stripe) on my new silver Ksyriums, and propped them up against the sofa... I clamped my new Arione on my new seatpost and propped it up on the cushion above... and I set my new bars up on the armrest...

...so there's a ghost bike sitting in my apartment. And it's beautiful. Invisible, but beautiful...

:cool:

Originally posted by mrowkoob
Hehe great livingroom setup, the wife would kill me
Well, it was temporary. The lovely parts are all neatly stashed behind the girlfriend's Specialized. Waiting...

I´m building an orbea (mitis) for the girlfriend out of my old ultegra group and bits. I asked her what bike she wanted....
A red one she replied.

Well I´m hooked on that new Scott Cr1 but 3000 USD is a lot of money... I might go alu again. But carbon seems really interesting for the first time for me.

Lucky girlfriend. Well, mine (fiancee, actually) is pretty happy with her ride -- a Specialized Allez Vita Women's with an Ultegra mix. Problem with her is she's so friggin' small; nearly every 49 or even 48 we tested her on in shops was too large.

I even found a brand new 2001 Buenos Aires for about $900 that we had to pass up because her standover height alone was such a problem.

Specialized's girl bikes are wonderfully tricked-out for short folks; they've got dozens of strange geometric tweaks that permit them to use 700cs even though ones like my girl's are essentially the smallest bike you'd ever see -- massively sloping top tubes, crazy fork rakes, etc. Tricky.