oops broke my bike (and my car....)

Hotdog

Guest
hi all

Help please!

Ive managed to drive my car under a barrier with my prize and joy on a roof
rack.

Result = broken frame, bent roof rack and dented car roof :-(.

Question can I claim on insurance for bike? (holiday insurance or car as I
was in france at the time)

Thanks in anticipation!

Ian

Hotdog wrote:

> Ive managed to drive my car under a barrier with my prize and joy on
> a roof rack.
>
> Result = broken frame, bent roof rack and dented car roof :-(.
>
> Question can I claim on insurance for bike? (holiday insurance or car
> as I was in france at the time)

I'd ask your insurers.
--
Ambrose

Hotdog wrote:
> hi all
>
> Help please!
>
> Ive managed to drive my car under a barrier with my prize and joy on
> a roof rack.
>
> Result = broken frame, bent roof rack and dented car roof :-(.
>
> Question can I claim on insurance for bike? (holiday insurance or car
> as I was in france at the time)
>
> Thanks in anticipation!
>
> Ian

Yes, claim. Unless there's a stupidity clause.
--

Martin Bulmer

"Hotdog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hi all
>
> Help please!
>
> Ive managed to drive my car under a barrier with my prize and joy on a
> roof rack.
>
> Result = broken frame, bent roof rack and dented car roof :-(.
>
> Question can I claim on insurance for bike? (holiday insurance or car as I
> was in france at the time)
>
> Thanks in anticipation!

JPEGS!!!!!!

Thanks also in anticipation!

(I reckon it's a claim on your car insurance...)

===
IanH

in message <[email protected]>, Hotdog
('[email protected]') wrote:

> hi all
>
> Help please!
>
> Ive managed to drive my car under a barrier with my prize and joy on a
> roof rack.
>
> Result = broken frame, bent roof rack and dented car roof :-(.
>
> Question can I claim on insurance for bike? (holiday insurance or car
> as I was in france at the time)

I've no idea, but you have my very great sympathy.

;; Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

I did the same at Harrow train station a few years back. Drove into the
car park, collected friend with bicycle, put (his) bicycle on roof,
drove out of car park mid catching-up-with-mate conversation there was
a loud clang and the bike appeared on the road behind us... as I had
completely failed to spot the height restriction barrier. Little damage
fortunately (never used the roofrack again) and I hope a train full of
people had a good old laugh at my expense.

But to suggest there was stupidity involved... yes, probably

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
> Hotdog wrote:
>
>> Ive managed to drive my car under a barrier with my prize and joy on
>> a roof rack.
>>
>> Result = broken frame, bent roof rack and dented car roof :-(.
>>
>> Question can I claim on insurance for bike? (holiday insurance or car
>> as I was in france at the time)

> I'd ask your insurers.

On reflection, if your car insurance is comprehensive it's almost certainly
covered.
--
Ambrose

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
> Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
>> Hotdog wrote:
>>
>>> Ive managed to drive my car under a barrier with my prize and joy on
>>> a roof rack.
>>>
>>> Result = broken frame, bent roof rack and dented car roof :-(.
>>>
>>> Question can I claim on insurance for bike? (holiday insurance or car
>>> as I was in france at the time)

>> I'd ask your insurers.

> On reflection, if your car insurance is comprehensive it's almost
> certainly covered.

might be of interest:

Legally Speaking - with Bob Mionske: Is it my garage or my car that's at
fault? http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9399.0.html

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9441.0.html

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9473.0.html
--