Open Question- What did you see on your ride today?

Too much trash on the road, cars too close for comfort, heard two car horns directed at me and a scream from a maniacal lady. Just a normal ride into work in SW Ohio. Commuting is not much fun on a bike around here, that is why I ride trails for recreation. In the early morning (before daylight) I saw a lady dressed in dark clothing riding a black bike with no lights and minimal reflectors. I rode up next to her and pointed out that she was an accident waiting to happen, and she told me that her car wouldn't start so this was the best that she had. I did my good deed for the day by following her as far as she was going and then heading to work my self. I barely made it on time.

Originally Posted by topherbd16 .

One day later I'd like to add that I saw a remote control helicopter crop dusting/spraying the rice paddies. Heli was maybe 5 ft long w/ tanks on either side, police nearby (I guess to ensure nobody gets hurt and to stop traffic to land it (rice paddies are still full of water now so nowhere to land other than road I guess) and some farmer flying it. At one point it was heading towards me perdendicular to me then turned around after it got 15 ft from me. Made me a little nervous, but was also in aw at seeing this for the 1st time. I can see the headline now: "American gets head chopped off in Japan commuting to work on bike by remote control crop dusting helicopter."

wow that's a [old] new one!

Originally Posted by kaikane .

although I couldn't see them (as they were flying directly above me in the fir trees), I heard two bald eagles screeching at each other as I flew past them./img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

that's awesome but doesn't count.
thread is what did you SEE...not hear...
mwah ha HA

Today I saw an episode of 30 Rock while on the trainer in the basement!
Ugh here comes winter.
but it was funny cuz liz lemon said stuff and jack donegy and tracey morgan did stuff
while I sweat.

Yesterday I rode my bike over the brand new Memorial bridge connecting Somerset to Fall River Massachusetts. I saw Narragansett Bay to the south and the Taunton river to the west. This bridge cut about 16 miles off of the only route I had available to get to Fall River on my bike safely. Once on the Fall River bank I saw in front of me the massive hills rising to the highlands which Fall River is noted for. I will soon be riding these hills in my regular rides. I did not attempt them yesterday due to the 40 MPH heads winds. Did I mention the hair pin turn on the Fall River side of the bridge this is going to be fun.

This morning I saw brown grass, trees without leaves, and skims of ice on the puddles from the last rain a couple of days ago. It was 30 degrees but no wind thankfully. I HATE WINTER!!!!!!

one year to the day since my last post...
today i actually rode out on the road.
Saw red tailed hawk, sunshine and Christmas decorations!
Don't see them in the summer...

Reactions: qdc15
Yeah the scenery. Bushes, weeds, grass, trees, flowers, other bikers and things like this. I like it a little cooler out, not too hot with a little breeze. Hills or flat I love it.

Earlier today I had to run a few errands in the central business district of my town, and therefore got to see a lot of banks as they're all situated there. They're quite boring really, as they are grey buildings with post-modernist architecture. But I'll be taking a riding trip out of town this coming weekend, and get to see some green hills and lakes. :)

I went riding earlier today and I saw a cute little kid riding his bike with his parents around. The good old days of riding a tricycle! Ahh I wish I could go back to those times haha!

Yesterday when i wen riding, I saw a beautiful sunset, the sky was all red and I also was a really cool BMW from the new models the sound of the motor was amazing.

Saw a bunch of dogs chained up by their owners; these dogs just stay at one spot and watch people pass by all day long. It's pretty depressing, really, because these owners CHOSE to have pets, but don't even bother to visit them, or let them roam free in the backyard at least.

Saw alleyway's floors covered by leaves that were torn apart from nearby trees by the strong wind. Distateful roadkills, a rotting dead dog and cat's bones bleached dry by the sun. Lots of garbage scattered around almost everywhere, makes me sad. Saw the dirt road nearby, plow by huge truck's wheels with puddles filled by raindrops deeper than a bathtub.

Yes, I rode my bicycle from my home to a market. The weather is cold and I love to ride my bicycle in cold weather. I covered a total of 20 miles. It was a fantastic ride! ;)

Well, today is Easter and the world day of work and workers so I was supposed to stay at home. If you add the fact that it is raining you will make a conclusion that I was home. However, I really wasn't. I had to go and ride my bike for at least 45 minutes and that is enough to go around the city. I saw rain, of course, but I also saw a car accident. It was not a big one. It was funny actually because there was a lady behind both wheels. It was stop and go thing. The blue one was trying leave the parking lot and she didn't see the white one. I saw it coming before it happened and my face was probably very funny as well. I guess you know that face when you see something loud is going to happen and you have no power whatsoever to stop it :)

Today morning I woke up at 05:00 a.m. I got fresh and went out with my bike. There I saw many traffic on the road and one of the funniest moments I noticed is that I was waiting at a playground and was watching the small kids playing soccer, but the moment I saw was that one small kid was ready to hit the ball but some others may be his friend pulled his shorts and made him nude. The moment I saw that I remembered my childhood days. I also saw some ladies sitting in a park and talking to each other. My be of me. lol :D and I also watched many beautiful birds flying in the sky and some cars and Some people and that's all. lol :p