opinion need - stems and angle

ihsan_jahanam

New Member
Oct 12, 2003
hi all,

i'm running a 2003 Kona Scrap and have recently replace the front susp fork with a 2004 Marzy Z1 Drop-Off II from a Marzy EXR Comp. I am a newbie freerider. user the bike for both freeriding, urban assault and cross-country.

qns: since i got the new fork the bike geometry is a bit screwed. its too high on the front to do cross country and a "off" when doing gaps and drops.

i have inverted the stock Kona Control Stem and it feels decent, but not good enuff. anyone got any suggestion for stem replacement or handlebars that has the strength to withstand drops and fix the geometry issues?

using a Kona stock DH handlerbar and F.U.N.N Headbanger headset and i weight around 220lbs.

"ihsan_jahanam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hi all,
>
> i'm running a 2003 Kona Scrap and have recently replace the front susp fork with a 2004 Marzy Z1
> Drop-Off II from a Marzy EXR Comp. I am a newbie freerider. user the bike for both freeriding,
> urban assault and cross-country.
>
> qns: since i got the new fork the bike geometry is a bit screwed. its too high on the front to do
> cross country and a "off" when doing gaps and drops.
>
> i have inverted the stock Kona Control Stem and it feels decent, but not good enuff. anyone got
> any suggestion for stem replacement or handlebars that has the strength to withstand drops and fix
> the geometry issues?
>
> using a Kona stock DH handlerbar and F.U.N.N Headbanger headset and i weight around 220lbs.

"Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "ihsan_jahanam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > hi all,
> >
> > i'm running a 2003 Kona Scrap and have recently replace the front susp fork with a 2004 Marzy Z1
> > Drop-Off II from a Marzy EXR Comp. I am a newbie freerider. user the bike for both freeriding,
> > urban assault and cross-country.
> >
> > qns: since i got the new fork the bike geometry is a bit screwed. its too high on the front to
> > do cross country and a "off" when doing gaps and drops.
> >
> > i have inverted the stock Kona Control Stem and it feels decent, but not good enuff. anyone got
> > any suggestion for stem replacement or handlebars that has the strength to withstand drops and
> > fix the geometry issues?
> >
> > using a Kona stock DH handlerbar and F.U.N.N Headbanger headset and i weight around 220lbs.

Damn.......it's getting late.

You've changed your frame geometry by going with a longer travel fork. Going with a lower rise bar,
or stem is not going to correct the real issues. Your steering is going to be less responsive.