Opinion On Joining A Club

kabooby

Feb 4, 2008
I will be living in Sydney in the next few weeks and was wondering which club do you guys recommend to join. I have heard good things about Randwick/Botany and Sydney CC but don't know too much about these clubs. I would like to do open races all over australia so a club that gets involved with bigger races than just the club races would be great. Does anyone have any ideas or point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris.

All of the clubs are reasonbly good, I would look at where you are going to live, what kind of rider you are and what riding you want to do.

In Sydney's eastern suburbs there are 3 clubs;
- SCC
- RBCC
- Easts
Then there's the inner west
- DHBC (my club)
- LACC (slighty west of inner)
Other clubs servicing the area
- Waratah Vets
- One track club that the name escapes me

If you are going to be living South, North or West, there are other clubs you should check.

Other Info
SCC, RBCC, Easts and DHBC follow a similar route on Sunday training.
Most races are open to all clubs and will contain a mixture of clubs in the entrants.
There are 4 Velodromes in Sydney, however they are kind off in the same general part of Sydney;
- Bankstown (Dunc Gray, built for the 2000 Olympics)
- Hurstville
- Lidcome
- Canterbury (at Tempe)

Thanks Mike. I will be living in the Hurstville area and not really interested in track just yet. I have seen online some races in Heffron park and other club events around. I only recently took up cycling and want to continue when I arrive back home. Thanks again.

Hurstville, then you probably should add St George to the list.

I think the clubs that are near you are;
- St George
- LACC
- DHBC

I don't mind if it's Randwick/Botany, ESCC or even SCC. I don't think they are far at all, just would like to join a club with a good group of people and have fun while at the same time compete. I have heard a couple negative things about a club which I don't want to mention so the more good things I hear about a club the better.